Friday, May 11, 2012

Whooping it up on Friday

Yeah the weekend is almost here, just need to get through the work day.  The forecast for today:  Abundant Sunshine.  I loved it when I saw that forecast.

Rainbow Quilt

Rainbow Quilt
Not much sewing through the week.  I did manage to finish quilting Anna's rainbow quilt, just need to get the binding on now.  I love the baptist fans on this one. This is the reason why I wanted to learn how to do these, just for this rainbow quilt.  Just need to get the binding on and throw it in the washer and it's done. Not only that but it's done 2 weeks ahead of time, wow, that's a first!!  Well ok, the binding isn't on there yet :)

5 in charms, 3 inch border before cutting

after cutting and twisting

Cyberquilters (yahoo groups) is having a twister weekend the weekend of 5/18.  I just got my ruler yesterday.  I tried to wait, I kept telling myself but there's binding that's needed for the birthday girl's quilt.  But nope I just couldn't convince my self and tried a tiny little project first.  I mean really if the ruler that I chose was going to work for me, then I'd be really frustrated the twisting weekend and no one wants that :)  I just chose 9 charms and a 3 inch border all the way around.  and it worked like a magic!!  I wanted to see how directional prints worked cuz I just wasn't getting the whole twisting thing visually, had to do it myself.  After cutting the block size was 3.5 in.  One more row and you'd have a nice placemat size.   I think I'll be doing a table runner for the twisting weekend.

Linking up with Sarah, stop by and see what everyone else is whooping about.  Happy Mother's day to all the moms out there, have a great weekend!!

17 comments:

  1. Perfect! I hadnt seen this twist ruler in Joanns. I would have gotten it too. lol I'm with you. I have to trial and test out everything! Thanks for doing that pre-test for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nothing wrong with becoming comfortable with your tools! love the twister block and your choice of fabric for it. The Baptist Fans look perfect on the Rainbow quilt - it will be a wonderful birthday present!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I just love your little Twister quilt! I have a similar ruler but it just does one size (the tiny one), but now I really wish I had waited to get the one you have - great! Also love your rainbow quilt - yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baptist fan quilting is gorgeous, perfect for that rainbow quilt. I've now added that ruler to my weekend shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Rainbow Quilt is ONE GORGEOUS quilt! Wow!
    I'm going to get one of those twister templates! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love the large baptist fan quilting on the rainbow quilt! Such texture! I hope to get my layer cake twister done with the 'twisting' weekend. I have had the top sewn together for 8 mos. now - hanging head in shame.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW....I LOVE the rainbow quilt...it is just gorgeous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Rainbow Quilt is amazing!! I still have to use my twister tool - hopefully some day soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the rainbow quilt.....the Baptist Fan quilting looks great ...did you use a panto or use templates...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Baptist fans are great!! So effective. Love your twister too - the 'look' from the prints you have used is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neat tools. How did you quilt the fans? They are very effective! Love the rainbow of color.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the twister, Sue.....I'll have to look for that tool the next time I'm at Joann's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got my ruler the other day. I am so excited

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that rainbow quilt, the Baptist fans are amazing on it! And your pezzie twister is awesome, too! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We had some sun here too, finally! I love the fan quilting, it's such a fun addition to the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your baptist fans look great on the great rainbow quilt! I was wondering....what color thread was used? I was thinking about getting the twister ruler because the quilts turn out soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!