Sunday, March 6, 2016

The things I get done when I'm suppose to be painting.

Well I took two days off work to paint.  I had three rooms as a stretch goal, two were my goal, one got done.  It was the biggest one, my long arm room.  It's now sporting a fresh coat of paint. Gone are the wild and crazy jewel tones from my youngest daughter, replaced with a more mature Vintage Linen.  I'm going through some color withdrawal so I added a sleeve to the jewel tone tumbler and hung that on the wall!
Vintage Linen  - see that empty space at the end
This cute little thing will fill that spot once I get it quilted. 
I did this room first and then was all ready to paint Daughter #3's bathroom.  But the shower bar had some issues and the hubs is replacing and fixing the wall anchors.  And of course they *have* to be painted in a certain order, long arm room, bath room, guest bedroom. So, what's a girl to do?  Sew that's what she does. I *FINALLY* finished the swoon quilt.  It's been folded for years now.  I used just about every little bit of fabric I had on this one. But it's the size it needs to be for a king size bed now.  Just need to get this baby quilted.  And I had some scraps from a quilt that was from H2H last year (yes they sat on my shelf for almost a year) and FINALLY I did something with them, isn't this 16 patch quilt adorable? When I saw the yellow, I just knew it should go with this bits of leftovers.  This one actually got quilted in the toned down long arm room.  Hobbs Poly down batting, glide thread on top, free hand feathers in the the small border and the QSTs, double continuous curve in the 16 patch and piano keys on the last border.  It feels like it's been over a week since I've had something on the frame.  Next up is that cute little wall hanging.  Its a panel, you know I like my panels with a couple of quick borders.  Just a little pop of color.
This has been folded for years!  Now it's the right size, backing ordered and almost ready to quilt like crazy
16 patch (I'm brilliant with the names right?)
Hobbs Poly Down Batting, Glide thread, feathers and double cc in 16 patch - nothing but pure fun
Love this quilt ladder

There's also a couple more Splendid Sampler blocks.  I actually pressed the seams open on block #6 and it really helped, the block is very flat and I was actually able to pin fairly well with the seams pressed open.  Block #7 was intended to be hand embroidery, but that wasn't going to happen so I digitized it since I had the embroidery machine out anyway.  Once it was stitched out I tried a couple of those fancy machine stitches that you never get to use enough of, and it was good enough for me. I do have a bit of trouble with those fancy stitches, but I like it none the less.
Splendid Sampler Block 7
All seven, keeping up so far 
Block 6 - love this one - pressing seams open made a huge difference
So why did I have the embroidery machine out? Cuz I was putting names on these little hats!!  Just can't wait for those twins.  I personalized the car seat carriers from last week but didn't get a picture.  By the time H2H ends this year, these little fellas' will be here!!
getting closer!
Oh and one other big thing, check this out - I won the Feb giveaway at She Can Quilt from Scraptastic Tuesday!!  Here's what I got with my gift certificate from Green Fairy Quilts, thanks Leanne and Green Fairy Quilts!!

Check out all the link parties on the isidebar. And you know what time of year it is right? It's Hands 2 Help time of year!!!  Sunday is the sign up, lots of prizes and three great charities, please help if you can, it's always a great time.

Wow I should try to paint more often, I get a lot done when I'm suppose to paint ;)


27 comments:

  1. Love all the painting you got done - er, sewing. That 16 patch just shines with your very talented hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the painting, and the quilting, but maybe your quilt names could do with some work :-) Great win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe. I would do a lot more "painting" if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That nine patch is awesome. A great way to use up scraps. Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a bedroom I want to paint - soon as I can after my eye heals up I will be trying to get too it - I really want to get it done so I can get the quilts and pictures back up on the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your painting projects! :) The 16 patch is just gorgeous. Love your quilting on that. Can't wait to see how you quilt the beautiful Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your rendition of Block #7. Better than hand embroidered.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I almost need a nap just reading about all you accomplished made me tired, LOL Seriously though, good work, love the projects. The 16 patch-ya just made that one sing girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again your quilting blows me away. Is you wall behind the long arm the type you can hook things on to? I love the idea of having that clean wall behind the machine. I've got a bookcase full of supplies for the long arm behind mine. It does not make a pretty picture like yours does!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fresh coat of paint does wonders and the Vintage Linen really shows off your colorful quilts. Your 16 patch quilting is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific paint color - I'm going to have to check that out as I'm wanting to repaint the living/hallways. What I have picked out is too dull!
    Love the 16 patch quilt!
    Susan @ quiltfabrication

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well something happened to my comment, so here goes again. I love the color scheme you used in your Splendid Sampler quilt Sue, and your quilting in 16 patch is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your idea of Quilting instead of Painting. The feather quilting is very pretty. King Sized Swoon will take a few hours - have fun quilting it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The painting can wait all that wonderful sewing was worth it. Thanks for plugging H2H. I appreciate all the beautiful quilt Happy Chemo receives through it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow you get a lot done - painting and quilting! Lots of beautiful projects. The swoon is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow ... When you paint.... you sure get a LOT done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I refreshed my studio with new paint this time last year....so know exactly how you feel! ENJOY!!! OMG!! I didn't realize H2H signups are soon....THANKS for the reminder! SMILES being sent...your quilting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That 16 patch is so cute it doesn't need a better name! Glad you found something you liked to spend your voucher on ....good luck this month. Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The quilting on that 16 patch is fabulous. I really like the colors too - I'm not much of a yellow person but boy do I like that quilt! I need to change my batting so I can get that poof look - it's so gorgeous! Thanks for linking up to MCM. (Don't worry about the painting; those rooms will still be there when you're ready. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  20. At first I thought the 16 patch was a mini quilt!! It is so gorgeous, your quilting is inspiring! What better way to bring in color than to hang a quilt?! I use to love painting walls! Not so much any more! Good luck finishing your painting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such beautiful projects, the painting just seems like a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that 16 patch! I am nearly as creative as you are with quilt names :). I can get a lot of sewing done too when I should be doing other things. The fresh paint looks great in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your swoon quilt makes me want to pull out my WIP and work on it! Love the colors in yours! And that 16 patch... So bright and cheery! Beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That 16 patch is beautiful - the quilting is just perfect! Thank you for linking up at TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your 16 Patch is just fabulous! The colors are so pretty but your quilting puts it over the top. I've been sitting here staring at it for ten minutes and it's slightly mesmerizing! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Sue,

    How boring is painting? The colours on the 16 patch are absolutely gorgeous, and the quilting makes it practically 3D.

    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
  27. You're so talented! I'm always excited when I get a new blogpost of yours in my inbox! And I can't wait to see how you quilt your swoon! I have one that I've had folded up forever and I need some inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!