Sunday, October 25, 2015

Chevrons 3 different ways

Meg wanted a chevron quilt for baby shower gift.  So I decided to give her a couple of choices.  Colors are yellow and grey.  I had a little fun with these.  First up the basic chevron. All of these are 3.5 in HSTs, all have the same yellow fabric.  All have the same backing, I had all three loaded on the frame at one time.
Chevron Quilt #1 (catchy name right?)



The second is just an alternating chevron.  I tried this one with the scrappy greys and it was just way too much.  I settled it down a bit with the solid grey.
Chevron Quilt #2


The last one was a bit of fun with squares and different size chevrons.  What fun, I'll post the EQ7 project with all three next week some time.  
Chevron #3




The back is grey flannel (so soft) with the left over yellow strips and a couple of grey ones so that I had enough.  Love when I don't have to put scraps away :) Hobbs polydown batting.  Light and warm. Glide thread on top light grey and magna glide bobbins. Oh boy I'll have to go take a look the name of the pantograph  All are 42x48, which I think is a great size for babies, big enough to lay on the floor for tummy time.  So how many different ways have you made chevron quilts?

I also got to spend a little time with the grandsons, we had some fun with pumpkins and guacamole.


Hope everyone has great quilty week.  Check out the linky parties on the side bar for lots of inspiration. 

15 comments:

  1. I love zig zag quilts and adore the yellow/gray color combination! and what cute grandsons you have! very clever pumpkins :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilts. I love the colour combination

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look great and I love that they are not pink or blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the chevrons, but that last one is the one I like best.

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like all three versions! I've made a chevron quilt but it was the Crazy Mom way just with bricks. The bigger quilt size is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE chevron quilts and grey and yellow quilts! I really love the 3rd one - it's different, and fun! Congrats on all your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely trio! And great they were all on the frame at the same time--definitely efficient!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wanted to say very cool quilts...but almost got distracted by your reguritating pumpkins!! LOL!!! Great variation of the chevron and looks like the boys had fun!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All three lovely quilts! I don't know which is my favorite! Kat @ katandcatquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all so pretty! I can't even imagine having time to make three to give choices!! lol...fantastic pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The are all so pretty - love the gray and yellow! Great job!
    (love the grandson's pics! and what a fun pumpkin!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all three but my favorite is #2. I don't know why since it's not really my style but it just speaks to me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fantastic quilts!! I made a chevron several years ago for my friend's son. It might be just right for a lap quilt for my friend. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Saved as a favorite, I like your web site!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!