Sunday, October 12, 2014

Design Wall Monday and Happy October!

Oh Boy October is half over already and I haven't had a single post.  Well the entire month has not been without some quilting.  A sweet little McHenry Warrior need a quilt for the away games.   It gets pretty chilly here in the fall and those little cheerleaders need something to warm them up.  And look warrior colors are perfect for Fall aren't they?  Pattern is Blue me Away from Black Cat Creations - just modified a bit.  Batting is poly down from Hobbs, Glide thread on top.  I had a hard time with the thread color, Orange just looked to Halloween on the Black areas and Black was just way to dark for the Orange areas.  I ended up going with a medium grey, looks great on the black and blends nicely with the orange.  She picked a floral fleece for the back.  This should definitely keep her warm!! Pantograph is Fantasy Flame.  This was my leader and ender project while I was making the 100 quilts for Kids quilts,  came together pretty quickly.



I'm making a quilt for niece's mother in law.  She has a room for the grand kids and needed something for the day bed.  I think this should work, spanning many ages and also girls and boys.  This is Fons and Porter's Brick Road pattern just a bit modified again.

Went to a Purdue (I graduated from Purdue)  University of IL (daughter number 4 will graduate from there) the first weekend in Oct.  Oh my goodness it was sooooo cold.  But Purdue won and she had to buy cupcakes :)

Don't forget to stop by all the linky parties!  So many gorgeous quilts and projects out there.

18 comments:

  1. What a great quilt - love that backing. And the one in progress is just super.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that quilt and the colors are fabulous. I'm not surprised that the gray thread worked the best. That seems to happen often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life must be busy if you aren't posting to your blog. Lovely quilt. And, definitely you need to keep warm at games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the black and orange! Great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The orange and black quilt is great. My dad graduated from Purdue way back in 1941. My sister graduated from U of I several decades later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cuddly, amazing quilt. And I like the one in progress too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Orange is just the right colour for this time of year - a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Warrior quilt! It's hard to make an orange and black quilt that people don't automatically think "Oh Halloween". But this one works really well in those colors without invoking thoughts of the holiday. Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Brick Road pattern, but then again, I'm sucker for solids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this finish and your quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilts! I love both of them. The orange and black/dk grey look so fabulous together. I also think your choice for bed quilt is perfect. It will span many ages and is fitting for both boys and girls. Awesome choice! I'm stopping by from Freshly Pieced WiP :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice work on that Warrior quilt. The floral backing was a perfect choice! Those bricks are sure cute, too. I do love me some solids! Congratulations to your daughter on her upcoming graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Warrior quilt! It is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have a great stash of orange and black -- nice finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love both of your quilts. You certainly do have alot of orange fabrics. Turned out fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!