Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hands to Help Link up - Happy Chemo and Quilts Beyond Borders - updated

It's  time to  link up for Hands to Help, June already, my goodness!!!  I have 3 done and the  last one I should get done today.  2 for Happy Chemo, 2 for Quilts Beyond Borders.  I'll update later today when I get the last one done

Twinkle
Twinkle Back
First up is Twinkle - I used a layer cake for this one that I have been wanting to use for over a year.  What wasn't on the front of the quilt was used on the back, no scraps to put in the scrap bin on this one!  Left over  flannel finishes the back.

Masculine Pezzy Chevron Quilt
Quilting detail
Masculine Pezzy Chevron Back
Next is boys chevron quilt.  After the fast and easy quilting on Twinkle I felt the need to do something a bit more time consuming.  But not that bad, was able to get it quilted in a day.  I do like the quilting on this one.  I used the masculine colors from Pezzy Charm Packs.  I had 4 of them and I want to use up. Throw in some solids and you've got a chevron quilt. Ikea fabric on the back with some left over solid  squares to make it wide enough.  I LOVE the ikea fabrics for the back of quilts.

Feminie Pezzy Chevron Quilt
quilting detail
Feminine Pezzy Chevron back
The  Feminie Pezzy Chevron Quilt uses the rest of the Pezzy Charm Packs.  I had a pink sheet that I used for the back of this one.  Just an free hand overall swirly sort of pattern for the quilting. This went very quickly.  It was the first time I did a free hand overall pattern that wasn't feathers so I was a little nervous but I think it turned out fine. I  used a med to dark tan thread for  the quilting.  I must have tried a dozen different threads.  It's not easy to match with all those crazy colors.  But the tan was just right.  I have all the ovals going the right way on the other Chevron quilt, but I cut the red ones wrong, dang. Not sure anyone but  a quilter would notice :)
H2H - Double D9P
H2H - Double D9P Back
And the final quilt is on the frame done, yahoo!!!  I'm used the same panto as Twinkle - Fantasy Flames, I still don't see the flames.   The last one if the double disappearing nine patch.   Cyber quilters had a QAL and this one came out of that.   Used quite a few shirts with the solids for  all these quilts.   There's one blue shirt that I have used in a least 5 quilts, that  shirt  if finally gone.  Wish I had a couple more of that one. I used the extra squares and half triangle from the edges on the back.  I still have some solid 5 inch squares, but used quite a bit of things laying around the sewing room

Don't forget to stop by Sarah's and see all the wonderful quilts for these two charities, she'll have the link up all week long.  Thanks Sarah for hosting again this year!
Fresh Squeezed
And since I'm in such a "I need to use these scraps rather than put them away" mood, I started another baby quilt.  I'm using the teal strings which were going to go on Easy Street, but I got lazy. I had a really cute charm back laying there (fresh squeezed) and used the strings for some HSTs.  I'll use the rest of the green strings as a border.  Now, I'm certain I can use up some more of those scraps.



27 comments:

  1. Very pretty quilts. You are giving lots of gifts of love. I know they will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each quilt front and the backs are wonderful. And the quilting is fabulous. These will warms hearts for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These quilts are amazing. Love the feminine pezzie. I would go nuts trying to figure out how to set the blocks!
    The backs of all these quilts are so pretty (handsome?) too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all beauties! You have been a busy woman. The designs and quilting are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great, Sue - you are a blessing to these causes! Such fine quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilts and your quilting is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Quilts! Your masculine pezzy chevron one is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilts beautifully quilted. You are very generous with your time and talents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are some beautiful quilts in this lot Sue. I take my hat off to you and the amazing work you are doing for these charities. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, your quilts are beautiful and the quilting is awesome. Each quilt will be treasured and are sure to give comfort to each recipient. Thanks for sharing so generously. Have a wonderful week, Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look beautiful! I love your quilting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sue, these are all so gorgeous! Love the pattern on the first one, and the very cool chevron quilts - but my absolute favorite is the double disappearing 9-patch!! And I'm not sure if the front is the best, or the back! You did such an awesome job! Thanks so much for participating again this year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue, your quilts are fabulous! Do you have a long arm machine or are you fm quilting? The quilting on the Chevron quilt is outstanding and your backs are as beautiful as the fronts! Your quilts are going to really bless some special people. Awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The quilts are all so beautiful, and quilted so well! You are so generous...an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You've been busy. They are all so pretty and the quilting is great

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! your quilts are beautiful! I really love the layout of your feminine chevron quilt!

    -Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  17. OK, it's 7:30 in the morning and after reading your post I am tired already. What a great set of accomplishments. And, of course, the quilting is great. Don't you ever get tired when quilting? I can only do two passes and need to take a break. Of course, I am OLD. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. The quilt designs are a great way to display your wonderful quilting! These are grand.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love them all, but especially Twinkle and Masculine Pezzy Chevron--the quilting pattern on it is great--and the Double D9P--I might have to play with that concept.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow Sue what beautiful quilts, you have been busy! I like the little one you are working on now with the teal strings too!

    Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  21. What wonderful quilts. The quilting is great. You left a comment on my blog, but I never received an email telling me you did. Today while checking my blog (I do that on weekends -lol) I saw all your suggestions and wanted to thank you. I really appreciated your knowledge. I'm your newest follower...
    Thanks, so much.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Outstanding. I love them all and LOVE the great pieced backs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've received your beautiful quilts for Happy Chemo. Thank you for your generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Sue....it's like you have two in one quilts with backs this nice!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!