Sunday, March 30, 2014

Comfort quilt kinda of weekend

Alright, not any piecing going on, but April sure got a work out with all the frame quilting!!  First up are a couple of quilts for a woman in our area  that takes in foster kids.  She likes to give all the kids blankets. Right now she has a couple of boys.  I pieced the jelly roll quilts and Tom quilted, he did a great job didn't he???
Blue Jelly Roll Quilt - Inside out Pantograph, Hobbs Poly down batting, glide thread on top, bottom line in the bobbin 
Back of Blue Jelly Roll Quilt

Orange Jelly Roll Quilt - Pantograph Ebb and Flow, Hobbs poly down batting, glide thread on top, bottom  line in bobbin
Orange jelly roll back - seriously love this fabric!!
Orange jelly roll detail 
Here's one of the H2H quilts - I had a set of fat quarters and this is quilt 2 of three that came from the fat quarters.  I've had this one done for a while now.  I've used it once or twice watching tv.  It has poly down batting in it.  I've always thought that I was a cotton batting kinda girl, but I gotta say, this light warm batting may be making me change my mind.  I love the lightness of it and it's really warm.
H2H 1 - Jelly Roll quilt - Pantograph - Fanfare - Hobbs poly down batting, Glide thread on top, bottom line in bobbin
H2H1  detail
The last quilt on the frame is Lily Patch Quilts.  Kim won the giveaway for quilting, she wanted feathers.  Ya, right, of course I LOVE feathers!!!  I love scrappy quilts, there were so many wonderful fabrics.  I kept looking at them thinking that so many individual fabrics were my favorites.  Really, I think it's the way all of them fit together as a whole that just amazes me.  Loved this one. 
On the frame one last border to go!
Lily Patch Quilts - leftovers - Hobbs 80/20 Batting, Glide on top, Bottom Line in the bobbin.
Left overs - detail 
Left Over back 
Left overs out side, colors are fairly accurate  - it was a bit breezy and it's a big quilt!!
Go check out all the linky parties (see buttons on the side bar)  for all the quilty goodness inspiration.

27 comments:

  1. Okay I've never been a "feather" girl until this post!!! LOVE YOUR QUILTING!!! Also really am inspired by the simplicity of your H2H quilts. Sending smiles your way! V:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love all the quilts - I have a jelly roll to use up some time and will need to look at these again then

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wow Sue! I second Vrooman's comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those jelly roll quilts! I made a top last weekend from some blue batiks, green batiks and then another fabric (I don't know what they call the design), but it had intense oranges and deep purples. I "threw" it together in seven hours, with some breaks thrown in and I just love how it turned out. I think I may be making at least four hundred more of them...love that process!
    I really like all your colors you have in those stripey quilts. Your quilting is fantastic!
    And that Lily Patch Quilt....Soooo pretty, the feathers are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful job, Sue! So colorful - love that back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you have done with the "Leftovers"quilt. It really is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, my, your quilting is awesome...thanks for the wonderful show and tell of fabulous quilts with your amazing quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilting is just stunning! How long have you been doing Long Arm Quilting? What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Just WOW! Love the Leftovers quilt! Once again your quilting is beyond amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue, they are just all wonderful, but I am really partial to your feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi!!!! I love all the quilts and the quilting is awesome!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilting is wonderful! The "spacer" squares in the jelly roll quilts add a nice pop -- their random placement is a surprise to the eye. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo, so many pretty quilts here!! Love the jelly roll quilts AND that backing, loved all the quilting (specially the feathers!!) and that leftover quilt. Mmm, mm!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can I just say "everything everybody has already said"? And I LOVE the left over quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love seeing your quilting and those fabulous scrap quilts. They are my favorites for cuddling and using.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the blue jelly roll quilt. The quilting on your leftover quilt is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sue! Honestly amazing bump-back feathers. What a great demo. Thank you for sharing your talent with my linky party at Modern Tradition Quilts--Shannon :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a show! Each quilt is sew different and sew BEAUTIFUL! Amazing quilting on each and every one of them. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE your feathers. Simply stunning!! I'm a big fan of the orange fabric, as well. Thank you for sharing your quilting, it inspires me to practice...practice....practice.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love to see your beautiful quilting. Very pretty quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your quilts are BEAUTIFUL! I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. the last quilt really intrigues me. Where is the pattern source?
    LeeAnna Paylor
    lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!