Sunday, November 30, 2014

Happy December!!

December, I won't lie.  I always love the first month of Winter (which I consider December not January).   I love the first snow, I love the brisk air and all the giving spirit.  By January 2 I usually come to my senses and can't wait to be done with the Winter.  But right now, on the first day of December I'm loving it!  Just a few things on the design was, design table, design frame.  I've got stuff all over!!  On the table a few less bags a few more connected logs and it's getting there.  On the frame the Kaffee Fassett tumbler (love all those bright colors) and on the wall 64 finished log cabin blocks (105 are still waiting their turn on the table).
105 blocks in progress
64 of the blocks for option 1 (my favorite)  - this will have have the star off center, just don't have the blocks yet
64 blocks of Option 2 (hubby favorite)

Kaffee Fassett Tumbler - will go great with the shot cotton log cabin
I did have a quick finish.  The frame was empty and I had a panel quilt ready to go.  Couple of hours later, and I had a cute little finish.  I think the panel is call Josie's Aquarium.  I just added the 3 borders and it was ready to go.
Josie's Aquarim Panel Quilt. 


Don't forget to check out all the linky love, buttons on the side bar.  Something for everyday of the week.  Enjoy the first week of December!!

17 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh - look at you go. I really like both layouts- so good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both layouts of your cabins are terrific - flip a coin. And only you can make magic with a panel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have been very busy I love all of these quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard call on the log cabins but it's going to be great whichever way you choose. Love the Fassett top as well - great colours again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree... both log cabin layouts are great. I love the "shadowing" of the darker sides of the blocks. I LOVE your panel you quilted. How cute is that! And I am a huge Kaffe fan, so your tumbler quilt is awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're just a sewing machine yourself!! It's looking really good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You are making great progress. Love both layouts for the log cabin also. It is spectacular. Cute little quilt from the panel. Looks like you had a great week sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of your log cabin layouts. I love the off center look of #2 and the star in #1. Your quilting on the aquarium panel is beautiful. Such a fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The panel is adorable and the log cabin is going to be awesome. I can't wait to see how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the play of light and dark, esp. in the second setting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilting on the Aquarium quilt - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! I love the star setting for the log cabin blocks. And your tumbler is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that aquarium quilt! Such a great panel and very nice quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. both options are good, hope you post the fished product

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both log cabin layouts - and the bright colours of your quilts

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's a cool log cabin pattern.
    I like making log cabin blocks too....every time I see that someone is as I go through the blogs in the linky it sure makes me want to make more....like I don't already have way too many projects in the works already!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have accomplished a lot, and the panel looks great!
    Your log cabin blocks are beautiful. Both layouts are interesting...though I'm partial to the one your husband prefers (sorry!). My brain has to work a bit harder to see the lights and shadows dance, and I guess I like a challenge. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!