Sunday, April 28, 2013

Warrior Pride - T-shirt Quilt

It's done finally!!  Didn't take all that long once I started, it was the getting started part that was so hard. This was the first time I tried the swirls overall pattern on the border.  I liked it, and definitely think I'll use that again.  Ah, and what is this, not single feather on this quilt!






Now that is done, I can work on my projects guilt free :)  So Fine med grey thread on the top. Bottom line grey in the bobbin and Hobbs 80/20 batting.  All free hand on this one.  About 12 hours of quilting, one of these days I'll go for less when I'm doing free motion.

Beautiful weekend, put in 36 miles on the bike. Not bad for the first weekend of riding weather.

13 comments:

  1. Such beautiful quilting! I just love to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! That's the fancy-shmanshiest T-shirt Quilt I've ever SEEN!!!
    Is this your first one? Isn't quilting on t-shirt fabric fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quilt and quilting! Happy guilt free quilting to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed about the "no feathers" as the one I finished yesterday was the same way. Your quilt turned out great, even without feathers. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've been busy! Love how your quilt turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice setting! I have volunteered to make a t-shirt quilt as a raffle prize, so I'm on the lookout for good t-shirt quilt setting ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's GREAT! My high school colors were black and orange! And I've started my son's In-And-Out t-shirt (those are the only shirts he used to wear) quilt but he still needs to 'outgrow' some of his shirts! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful quilting. And congratulations for being brave and using the gray on the black. The quilting really shines because of the contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love t-shirt quilts and this one is wonderful. You did a great job, last start or not. Two thumbs up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like how you shadowed the individual T-shirts. I just agreed to do a t-shirt quilt for a friend and will be keeping this layout in mind!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!