Sunday, March 3, 2013

Easy Steet

It's done.  I just finished putting the binding on.  I used a pantofgraph on this one.  It Fly Away, not sure who the designer is.  I can check in the morning.  Doing a search didn't bring it up.  But I did get this pantograph with my long arm.  I was never able to do it as there are some long winding graceful curves and I just struggle with those on a pantograph.  But hey, how will I ever get better if I don't try.  Easy Street is for me and the pattern is so busy that even if I mess up on the quilting, it will hardly be noticeable !  Yep that's what I told myself and I just went for it.  I started out pretty shaky, but by the time I was half way through I was feeling a lot better.  It wasn't as good as I wanted it to be but it didn't make me run out of the room screaming cuz it was so bad either :)  Well here you go....It's a big one 102" sq.  So Fine on top, Bottom Line in the bobbin and Hobb's poly down batting.  This was the first time I've used the Hobb's poly down.  We'll see how it looks after it washes up.




Linking up with
Patchwork Times


Fresh Poppy Design

23 comments:

  1. You did a wonderful, beautiful job quilting Easy Street. What a big quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful! I really like the border too! I'm still piecing on mine---

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see another Easy Street complete. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish Sue.... I'm so in love with the backing finish on this quilt. That design is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful, Sue,, the quilt and the quilting are both stunning! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting turned out wonderful. Isn't it nice to finish a quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilting is great on this quilt. I love the texture such a great panto gives to a quilt. Yours is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dropping by from Patchwork Times - your colourway on this Easy Street quilt is one of the best that I've seen around the internet. Love your quilting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful border for your Easy Street! Congratulations on a very fine finish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Your quilt and the quilting looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah for finishing Easy Street.... It's my leader/ender. I have a heck of a time with pantos to although if I would quilt more with pantos or anything I would be much better. Sigh. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is stunning. Congrats on a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks beautifully quilted! Congrats on getting it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on a beautiful finish and the quilting looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty, love that panto. I have to say I really hate the way the down worked up on a quilt I did and boy did it make me sneeze!!! You have a wonderful quilt and a great size too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks fabulous! Yah for you trying something new!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty panto! I like that it is full of curves to contrast with all those straight lines in the piecing. Great job! Congrats on your finished Easy Street.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That quilting looks great on the Easy Street, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It turned out great, Sue. The quilting on the back looks great, too. Marvelous finish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good job on jumping in and quilting it. It is nerve--wracking while you are doing it--but it is the only way to get the feel of doing it right. It looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on the lovely finish. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!