Monday, November 23, 2015

Snow Day Sew Day

While I was looking at all this outside my sewing room,
I wish I like the snow enough to make snow people sitting in the chairs at the tables, that would be cute.   But I like it much more when I'm inside looking out over my sewing machine.
Yep that's right, first snow of the year was 15.5 inches!!
I was working on all this.  Gotta love snow days.  Finally finished my Half Hazard HST quilt.  Good for a teenage boy?  I think so, hope Ricky likes it.  The quilt pattern was a fairly dense pantograph which took some time. But with all that snow I wasn't going anywhere :)  Hobbs 80/20 batting, So Fine thread on top, magna glide bobbins, Pantograph is Angles by Kim Brunner.



Pantograph is Angles by Kim Brunner
Hobbs 80/20 batting, So Fine thread on top, magna glide in the bobbin


Check out the linky parties on the side bar

16 comments:

  1. WOW!!! 15 1/2 inches!!! iT'S BEAUTIFUL!!! So glad you got to sit snug behind your sewing machine and enjoy it! THAT'S what I would have done too!! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brr, we're getting some cooler weather but nothing like you. That snow looks great from here!
    That quilting is dense but it looks great on the quilt.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. No snow yet, but coming our way. Chilly 20's with wind chill dropping it below 0 - took a very short, brisk walk today and the furkids refused to come along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful 1/2 square triangle quilt with amazing quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Personally, I love snow but to be fair, we never get it that deep where I live in Tasmania, Australia.....nice excuse to stay indoors and sew though! love the quilt and the quilting kind of looks like ice patterns on a window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again your quilting choice really shows off on your quilt. I may have to add that panto to my collection. It looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo! I feel lucky to NOT have 15.5" of snow to deal with (yet). Love the texture of the panto you chose. The quilt looks so snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a perfect day to stay in and stitch. Love your Half Hazard HST quilt. Those blues and greens are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing quilt! Well done- a great way to spend a snow day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful quilt! If the recipient doesn't like it, I'll have it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. dropped by to say "hi" from Linky Tuesday, your snowy pics are making me nervous for the winter I know is sure to come, I'm not ready yet and it's still surprisingly warm for the time of year here. As a small aside I love the colours in your quilt - Chris @madebyChrissieD :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I found your post on Sew Cute Tuesday. Your pics are pure winter. The quilt pattern is great for a boy, especially with those colors. The Angles quilting is perfect with it. Great going!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt. Love the quilting on it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really pretty. I'm going to have to look into getting that panto too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt Sue and as always.....fantastic quilting!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!