Sunday, July 26, 2015

First July post - oh boy!!

Oh my goodness.  What a summer.  The first week in July  we moved daughter #4 to Rockville MD.  Then the last weekend daughter #2 was admitted to the hospital and went straight up to ICU.  Both girls are doing fine and in their own respective homes.  But sheesh  what a summer!  Needless to say not a whole lot of sewing going on over here.  However, there was nothing going on this weekend and you just couldn't keep me away from my sewing machine.  While I was traveling I did the last bit on my hexie project.  This started when daughter #4 started college.  This is how far I've gotten - she's graduate from college and working now.  Still not sure how this thing is going to end up, but I think it's safe to say this finish is many years away!!
4 years of hexies



Then remember those cute little nine patches that were made as 3 in rather than 9 in. Well I have all the right size ones done.  Look baby blocks and big blocks.  I'm just going to do a simple Irish chain with the small ones. The bigger ones are for Old Friends BOM and so happy they are the right size!  Really what was I thinking???
Old Friends BOM
Look at all these blocks, that's the last log on the 120+ log cabin blocks for the Black Sea quilt, starting to get excited about this one.
Black Sea log cabin blocks
Liz sent me pictures of her version of Slices of Color (the pattern is on the tutorials tab at the bottom).  I love the grey and the way she quilted it.  Rainy Day Rainbow is just beautiful. And will you look at the backing, how perfect is that.
Liz's Rainy Day Rainbow - her version of Slices of Color
Love the grey and love how she quilted it.


Last thing - if you get any email from me from my yahoo account don't open it.  I haven't and won't be using that account.  I used that account for so many years, and I think I've just about gotten all accounts moved to the new email address, but waiting to close out the yahoo account for a couple more weeks to be sure.  But I will not send anyone any email from that address for any reason. I'm so sorry if you've gotten anything from that email address.  Seriously, so disappointed in yahoo mail.

That said, don't forget to stop by the linky parties on the side bar. Always inspiration out there just waiting....Have a great week.  

14 comments:

  1. Wow....glad to hear your daughters are okay now. Loving that hexie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knew something was up as you were too quiet for too long - hope all is well and stays that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I justed pulled my three old hexi project out this weekend to start sewing the rows together this week as we head out of vacation. (Hexi's are always an easy travel project!) Your's look fantastic!!!!! (Also, glad everything has settled down for you and your family....never easy when someone in the family isn't well)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Four very beautiful years of hexies. Love them. Glad life has returned to somewhat of a normal. I really like the gray with Slices of Colour. I must remember this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are back to blogging. I'm looking forward to seeing the Black Sea quilt when you next work on it. It looks like you went crazy once you got back to your studio. Hope you have many more productive and fun hours during the rest of the summer. I assume daughter #2 has recovered or is well on the way to recovering.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness! all those hexies! they're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your 4 year hexie project is just fantastic. I would be so excited to have something like that going on. Glad your daughters are ok and things are back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG love that hexie quilt. it is so worth the time. glad daughters are both doing well. not a fun way to spend the summer. your small Irish chain blocks are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad the daughters are okay! Your hexie project looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember my daughters left home so many years ago. But you have a lt of beautiful projects to do. That haxie project will you keep busy. It is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely hexie project. Those projects are going to last many years. That's what I like with them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those hexagons are just gorgeous. I hope you keep going no matter how long it takes to finish. I always love a nine patch quilt, and I love how you are setting yours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad things are returning to normal. I really like the way you used your color in your hexie project. It's going to be spectacular when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, I love those hexies! Four YEARS?! But that is only because you have been working on so many other projects in between. I'm glad your daughters are okay and you're back to stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!