Monday, December 28, 2015

It is my circus, those are my monkeys

Two finishes squeaking in at the end of the year.  I love panel quilts.  They are quick to put together and so much fun to quilt.  I have two more of these done, just need to add the binding.  I used bottom line thread on top, wanted a thin thread to keep it a bit softer.  Hobbs poly down batting, light and warm.  Flannel back with a strip of fun colorful cotton.  I had three of these on the frame at one time.  Nice to have them done.





I've had this sweet tumbler done for some time now.  Finally got in on the frame.  I watched a Green Fairy Quilts you tube video on feather swirls and just went for it.  So much fun, fast and easy.  I figure with this busy print if it didn't turn out, you wouldn't be able to tell!  I will definitely use that one again.  Hobbs polydown, Glide thread on top, bottom line in the bobbin





I used the left over fabric from the Sonny quilt and made this bright and cheery tumbler.  I'm calling this one Sunset, no more sunny fabrics.  I'm in the "use them up" mode rather than putting them away. LOL the leftover quilt is much bigger than the baby quilt!
Sunset
And speaking of using up, I had so much satisfaction taking all the left over fabric from Moon glow and cutting into very simple 5 in charms, them sewing those together!!  I had so much trouble with moon glow and so little trouble with this one :)  I'm calling this one Moon dust.  It will have a black border, then a partial colorfull border in two corners finishing up with a black border.
Moon Dust

So nice to get some much needed sewing therapy in the end of the year.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday season so far!!  Don't forget to check out the linky parties on the side bar and see what everyone is getting done the last few days of 2015

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts! The quilting is perfect. Congrats on getting these to completion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - la- la........love them all! The panel quilts look fabulous, hard to tell they are panels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilts are wonderful. Your quilting is fabulous! Love that circus quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOh! Love the quilting you did on those quilts. AMazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did not realise they were panels. Wonderful quilting. Lovely tumbler quilts as well. Was just watching the same Judi Madsen video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fun and happy quilts! Your quilting just shines in each one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to see you enjoying your sewcation....I"m always inpsired by your panel quilting and plan to do more of these in 2016...to practice and improve my FMQ skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You feather swirls are wonderful of course! I use that one a lot too. That bright tumbler is absolutely delicious!! The panel is adorable and the quilting on it perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the circus panel. The tumblers are all lively in their own way. Great job getting all those done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful! Your quilting takes simple panel quilts and puts them over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great end of the year finishes. So love those panel quilts you quilt, Sue. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such fun quilts to show. Love the name Moon Dust and it really seems so appropriate! I must find a cute panel to try for a fast fun quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have some of the circus panels, but I never thought to quilt them like that. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have some of the circus panels, but I never thought to quilt them like that. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your quilts are so pretty I love the circus quilt, your foxes quilts are also very cute, roll on April, you must be so excited, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!