Sunday, April 26, 2015

Done, Done and getting started!

I think it was a record for me getting 3 quilts quilted this weekend. Wow, how did that happen?  Well I'll show at the end what my motivation was for getting these done. But first here's a couple of Hands 2 Help quilts.  It's not too late to join in the fun if you haven't already.  There's a button on the side bar that will take ya where ya need to go for all the details.  I've got Graffiti H2H #4 and H2H #5 done.  I really have to get better names for this quilts!!  Graffiti details - Hobbs Poly down batting, glide thread on top, pantograph is Ebb and Flow.  H2H #5, Hobbs poly down batting, So Fine thread on top, Premo Soft in the bobbin, pantograph is square fold diagonal from Urban Elementz. That was a pretty tough pantograph for a hand guided machine.  I like to call the look *organic* and is full of *texture* which all really means, it's not as accurate as I would like.  H2H #5 is made with Shot Cottons so it's got a great depth of color that you just can't see on camera.
Graffiti H2H #4 
Pantograph - Ebb and Flow 
Glide thread on top, med grey

Hobbs Poly Down Batting, sweet batik backing reminds me of chocolate covered cherries

H2H #5

Pantograph is Square Fold Diagonal from Urban Elementz
So Fine Thread on Top - I love the dimension you get using a shot cotton



I also finished Sandra's quilt, just a quick pantograph on this one, it is a sweet quilt.  Great for movie night. Quilters Dream Select Cotton Batting, Premo Soft on Top and is bobbin, new combination for me.  I liked it, but had to change the bobbin a bit more with the 50 wt thread rather than the 60.
Sandra's Quilt size is 75 x 84

Pantograph is Simply Stars by Lisa Calle 
Quilters Dream Select Cotton, So Fine thread on Top Premo Soft in the bobbin
Veronika came by and we have another quilt top done, this is H2H #6  - Pattern is Off Track by Cluck Cluck Sew.  Well it was suppose to be but I forgot to put the white strips in between the rows.  What how could I do that?  I kept looking at thinking it seemed a bit narrow, but then thought that might actually be better for someone have chemo,  so I'm leaving this one.  
Off Track H2H #6
Veronika also brought this dresden plate top that she said we could use if I quilted it.  I was so excited.  No pantograph on this one.   I told my self that I couldn't start anything custom unless I finished Sandra's quilt and one more H2H - that was my motivation for all these finishes.  As soon as I saw that dresden plate I started thinking of different designs.  My frame was empty and I just wanted to get started.  I just got the full set of curved rulers from Quilted Pineapple and you know I'm going to use those all over this beauty!! And I also just got the book "You Can Quilt It!" which has some great ideas for a dresden plate.  This top was found in a shop in Galena IL for $20.  There is one little tiny spot on it, but I don't think you'll notice when it's all done.  So excited.

And there - that's my sewing week, not bad eh??  I wonder if I'll be this productive when I retire ;)  Checking out the linky parties on the right, something for everyday of the week.

17 comments:

  1. beautiful quilts! I have a couple put aside for Hands 2 Help also

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts - I love shot cottons. What a find in that dresdan - you will make her shine to her full beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilts beautifully quilted. Congratulations on so many finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great H2H quilts this week. I think you do such a fabulous job on your quilting. I see why you aren't thrilled with Square Fold panto but only you are even slightly bothered by it. I'm going to have to look at some Hobbs Polydown -- you get such great definition with that batt and your wonderful quilting. Have fun on the Dresden Plates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue they are all just beautiful!! Way to crank them out, sometimes we just need that little sweetness reward don't we!! I am sure you will turn out a gorgeous dresden!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Especially love the H2H quilt! Great quilting! Inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautfiul quilting! I love the texture and dimension these pantos add to the quilts. Cant' wait to see your work your magic on the Dresden Plates -- happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness you've been busy! Love those quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely!!! What a wonderful productive weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not Bad? Amazing Sue! I especially love H2H 5 and the quilting is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from Let's Bee Social. I'd say you had a very successful week! Love your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the texture of the Square Fold Diagonal panto but I have a heck of a time doing that one! Yikes! All of your quilts looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They all look great Sue. I think you have spring quilting fever.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOO-Wee! Love those. I especially like that Square Fold and Simply Stars patterns. The later reminds me of the TX symbol - the Lone Star. You were very productive. Thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, Sue, what a wonderful load of eye candy! I love your shot cotton quilt, and the panto was a perfect choice for quilting it. And the dresden plate top for $20? What a steal! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!