Sunday, February 25, 2018

The Force was strong today in my sewing studio

I love baby quilts, they are so fun. I ***almost*** went out and purchased pink, purple and grey fabric for this because I didn't think I had the right shades. But just as I was ready to head upstairs and put my shoes on, I looked at my stash and "said just go find it in there, it's there" And sure enough, I love the colors, all from my stash and scrap bins. Mama has lavender and grey as her colors for the baby's room. Daddy loves star wars. I thought this was a nice meet in the middle quilt. And I finally learned a version of ribbon candy (which I've wanted to do for over 5 years). LOL I practiced doodling ribbon candy all week at work in mtgs and at my desk, but I think it paid off! Hobbs 80/20 batting, nice soft minky backing and glide thread on top. Hope the little mama likes it. Ahhhhhhh so good to only have the binding left.
Baby Jedis - Can't wait to meet sweet little Emma







Check out the linky parties on the side bar, have a great week!

14 comments:

  1. Your quilting is just beautiful! All that practice made it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous finish. Love the baby jedi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, but this quilt is gorgeous! You have done another amazing quilting job on this beauty! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. Colors perfect. Quilting fabulous. I have been wanting to do a triangle quilt and this may just push it closer to the top of the list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, awesome quilting!! Love the colors, so perfect for the parents and the new little one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sue,
    WOW - Emma's quilt turned out fabulously! Aren't you just SO proud of yourself. All that practice at work was worth it - the quilting looks beautiful. I can just imagine little baby Emma all wrap up in your love. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful quilt. The quilting made it stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you amazed me this morning...wow! This baby quilt is a hit on all points, color, theme, and just general cuteness. Love your machine quilting, your practice paid off! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW! Your quilting always makes me drool. The colors are beautiful, I don't normally go for purple. Funny how if you look hard enough, the fabric is right there in your stash! And it always feels so good to find it. The baby Jedi's...be still my heart! I haven't seen anything this adorable in a long time. I'm not a 'theme' quilt type, but this one makes me smile!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ditto what everyone else said. This is perfect. I knew you could get it done in time.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one very cool quilt. Love the Star Wars figures. And the quilting is fabulous. Excellent job. Oh, and bonus points to make this all from stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love seeing this again! It really is a fantastic baby quilt, from the Star Wars tie-in to the quilting. Thanks for sharing at TGIFF, Sue. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The manager at the Chicago venues suggested we make custom choices and make the menu a little more personalized. The next time you need to hold a conference, have a wedding, or set up a whiskey tasting, think about doing it at this venue.

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful work and what attention to detail! I admire and congratulate:)

    หนังตลก

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!