Saturday, June 22, 2013

I love sewing vacation days!!

I took a day off on Friday so I could sew all day long, and I did.  It was a slow undecided day but once I got rolling there was no stopping me.  I finished the jelly roll quilt.  I had some new thread I wanted to try and I seriously LOVE it.  I had been using Superior So Fine on top and was perfectly happy with that. But I saw a number of people were really happy with Glide. First off, the impression is awesome even before a stitch is made simply because of price.  Almost twice as much for almost half the price, my budget loves that :)  But the real test was on a quilt.  My machine loved it, the tension was great.  I can't wait to try it on a quilt that has a lot of quilting.  So this one is going in the pile for gifts or donations.  It was one of 4 scrap attack quilts I told myself I had to finish before I start a new project!  I really want to learn how to do hook feathers, I think they just add a different dimension over regular feathers.  Not too bad for the first shot at it.  I did an all over hook feather quilting on this one.






Paper piecing was the story of the day.  I finally found some of the red in "Center of My Universe" so that came out and I have all the pieces for 25 more blocks paper pieced.  Just need to get them sewn together.  Maybe I'll have an update on Monday if I can get any more quilting in this weekend.
Center of My Universe
I didn't post design wall Monday cuz the weekend just got away from me.  We went out to IN to celebrate Father's day and 2 B-days - my it was a party weekend!!  But on the way to and from I got some hexies done.  No, idea what this is going to look like in the end but the next round will be purple and gold.

Now that I have some Hexie progress I can link up with Angie for Hexie Friday  and Sarah to see what everyone is whooping about this week&
 

15 comments:

  1. You put your heart, soul, and talent into every quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Wish I could be a tenth as productive as you were on your sewing day! That scrap attack quilt is great with the quilt. I like the back as much as the front. And center of the universe is looking so fine. Best of all is all those hexies you've prepped - it looks gorgeous already. Thanks for linking to Hexie Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it was a day well worth taking off - you got plenty done!! You'll be able to start Common Bride before you know it!! Love those feathers - exciting to find a new thread :-) Love the red in your Universe quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're such an inspiration, Sue. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your quilting on this quilt. Beautifully done. Purple and gold next round is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is stunning Sue. I think you're a master now! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hooked feathers look awesome! I've been wanting to try that Glide thread, too.....thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was definitely worth a day off work. Those feathers look great and loving the Center of the Universe.
    My machine and I love Glide thread. I have had a lot of tension issues with my machine until I found Glide and I love the colour range they have.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your jelly roll quilt and quilting is gorgeous Sue and I'm loving all your little hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilting is gorgeous...it makes that jelly roll just pop off the page. You are so skilled at everything you do...beautiful paper piecing and adorable hexies going into that quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your quilting on this quilt is unbelievable! I want to quilt like that! Truly amazing. So far, I can't get the hang of the hooked feathers but I sure want to! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing quilting, Sue! You inspire me to try new things every time I see one of your quilts! Whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that is one awesome job of quilting you've done there! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. your hook feathers are gorgeous, worth every bit of learning them. I need to practice making mine smaller and to meander more like yours. I love it! The quilts are pretty too. Your work is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hooked feathers are beautiful. Who are where do you get your inspiration from to start learning them? Any particular quilter you admire? I love, love your hexie project too. I just may have to try making hexies real soon. Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!