Monday, February 15, 2016

February is Full of Finishes!

Wow, February is turning out to be way better than Jan for the finishes department.  Shoot, I've got two more on the books.  Now that the twins quilts are done, I put Til Death Star Do We Part (Moon Glow) back on the frame.  I tell you that quilt was on and off the frame more than any other quilt I have ever quilted. But it's off for good.  I feathers the half moons on the border and think it just fits so much better.  This quilt is far from flat, but those little love birds won't have any idea!!
Half Moons needed more feathers 
Done Done Done
Soft and cozy back

I also finished up Moon Dust which is Moon Glows simpler less flashy sibling.  I do have to say Jinny Beyer does know how to put a color palette together.  This was completed with the left overs from Moon Glow. That is a really generous quilt kit.  The Moon Glow quilt is a great size on it's own, but Moon Dust is 74 x 87.  I cut up all the scraps left over into charm squares and 2.5 in stripes.  Used all the charm squares with about 20 left over.  Makes me feel like maybe I left a few things out of Moon Glow!  Moon Dust has Hobbs Poly Down batting, glide thread on top and pantograph is Fantasy Flame from Urban Elementz.
Pantograph - Fantasy Flame Urban Elementz
Hobbs Poly Down Batting

Moon Dust
Moon Dust Back

74x87 - made with 5 in charms left overs from moon dust
I've got presidents day off today and have the hubs running errands.  I'll be spending some time at the frame with a ruler and maybe a little piecing.  I really should try to get that swoon quilt done now that I'm such a roll here.  Hope everyone has a great week.  Check out the linky parties on the side bar.  I added a couple new ones last week.

27 comments:

  1. What a great finish. I still love the 2nd one best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Just so gorgeous! Both of them. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Sue -- I LOVE your finished Death Star quilt! What lucky lovebirds who get to snuggle under that one! When you mentioned the "snuggly backing" -- is that Minky or Cuddle fleece, flannel, or a regular quilting cotton?

    ReplyDelete
  4. great use of the leftover scraps - that was a generous kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on those lovely finishes with all that glorious quilting. You are right about the color palette - it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting is always outstanding! ---"Love"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quilting on both quilts. Love the colors in both quilts. Congrats on all your finishes this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue, I am so glad you linked your quilt up with Oh Scrap! I love what you did with your quilt kit scraps. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Moon Glow is stunning Sue! I made that one a few years ago and it is still my favorite finish. I have a bag of scraps from it too - I love how you used yours! I may have to be a copy-cat :*)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just perfect to finish off those half circles. What a gorgeous quilt. Love the leftover one a bunch too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colors really Glow and the quilting is fantastic! cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! Beautiful quilting. Good job on a wonderful finish. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your Moon Glow so much - the quilting is fabulous! Moon Dust is beautiful in its simplicity and I think it might be my favorite. It feels so good to get those WIP's finished up, right? I'm working on some of my own and made some real progress today - yay! Thanks for sharing these lovely finishes on MCM!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can only echo the other comments. They are both wonderful and for different reasons. For me Moon Dust is my favourite, I just love fabric and the simplicity shows it off so well. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely quilting and quilt. I like Moon Glow too. Wow a lot of fabric for that quilt. Usually folks run out of fabric not get a second good-sized quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both are gorgeous and I love the colors that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both of them are so beautiful!! I sure enjoy seeing your quilts and the qulting!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't know how you managed it, but you've taken an intricately pieced quilt and over-layed it with an unexpected quilting pattern and piecing and quilting enhance each other and are both visible. Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  19. These quilts and quilting are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Two very beautiful finishes. I'm glad February is working out so well for you in the finishing department, and that quilting is just fabulous. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sue, you are so talented! These finishes are so lovely! We are featuring your quilt over on the FWFS blog! Thank you for stopping by and sharing!

    -Lindsey

    http://fortworthfabricstudio.blogspot.com/2016/02/fabric-frenzy-friday-features_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Sue,
    Both these quilts are absolutely gorgeous. I am totally wowed by the colours.
    Thank you for linking up with Free Motion Mavericks!
    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
  23. Unbelievable pattern and quilting. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!