Sunday, January 29, 2012

Design Wall Monday

 Lots of sewing this weekend.  I quilted Modern Mirrors - my first "real" quilt with a pantograph!!   I used a leaf pattern, it went well with the apple trees and the fabrics that have little leaves. I'm still a bit rough around some of the curves but in time that will improve.  I used a light to med grey thread, looks grey on the white and white on the grey, I liked it.  I've used Hobbs 80/20 on this one and after washing you can see how it really puffs up a bit more than Warm and Natural - love a wrinkled washed quilt!  Lots of textures on this one.  This quilt went to the happy home owners this weekend.  The quilt, a bottle of sparkling grape juice for the kids, a bottle of wine for the parents, a movie for all to enjoy and popcorn!  The quilt is big enough for all for of them to snuggle up when it's movie night :)


I did have a bit of trouble quilting Modern Mirrors, tension issue, backing issue, etc, so when it was done I really wanted to work on something easy, not much thinking required.  I worked on beach glass.  Just sewing those scraps together.  I have all 20 strips needed and still can't believe how many scraps I have left.  Guess what's going on the back of this one - I'm not putting those back again.  I got a few rows together  before heading into the city. 

And finally I started my Swoon blocks - just couldn't resist.  I'm using the Prince Charming fabrics.  Here's the first two.   Can ya see the gray theme throughout my projects this week?  I'm having a love affair with gray right now.  Just can't get enough of it.

Linking up with Judy at Patchwork Times for Design Wall Monday and with Canoe Ridge Creations for Sew Modern Monday. And Work in Progress Wed at Freshly Pieced



14 comments:

  1. I love the colors of your Modern Mirrors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilt! Sea Glass is looking quite lovely. And I just knew you would have to try Swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful quilt. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your panto quilting looks great! I agree love grey in quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours you're using. All of these are looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little apples quilt is beautiful. Aren't you just loving the swoon-along? I know I sure am.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a wonderful job with your quilting! And I love the colors in Beach Glass!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your projects are beautiful! So great you finished that quilt and it went to its new home. The leaf design is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue I love that pattern, it would make a great boys quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job with the panto. I made a quilt with the same line but haven't quilted it yet. I really like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A grey(gray) theme! I love it! It makes the colors have such a different touch to them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your quilting projects look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the panto you chose for Modern Mirrors! That is a neat quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!