Sunday, February 2, 2014

Twister Twins and Laptop Sleeve

The Twister twins are done.  One custom quilted, the other e2e.  Both have Quilters dream blend batting, glide on top, bottom line in the bobbin.  Hmm same thing for the laptop sleeve, just random lines quilted on the sleeve.  Laptop sleeve fabric was from IKEA, love their stuff.  This is the heavier home decor fabric, great for the sleeve.  Don't forget to check the linky parties on the left, lots of inspiration everywhere.

 I think you can see how I marked the border with this one.  I marked half inch line on both sides in the border then curled up then down, trying to get the center of the curl in the middle of the square and the curl filling the full space.  I think backtracke once I got to the end of the curls and added the three feather plumes.  I tried to go all the way to the edge for the plumes.  Once the quilt is rolled, I just pick up doing the curls from where I left off.  I think it has a nice playful aspect.
Add caption






Pantograph is Curlz from Urban Elementz

Add caption

25 comments:

  1. Your quilting is superb, Sue. Love those feathers in the border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing your completed quilts! They are always so beautiful! Darling IPad carrier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both these quilts and the way you quilted them differently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job as usual. I just don't know when you find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Sue and I sure wish we had a Ikea close by!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great, I love the border curls and plumes. Lovely job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two very colorful and modern quilts. I like Quilters dream batting also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done! The quilting is gorgeous. Love the computer sleeve too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these! Is the twister quilt a pattern we can purchase from you?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your quilting!! I can't wait to try something similar. Thanks for Sharing!
    Learningcurvecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful! Amazing job with the quilting, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your feather & swirl vine on the gray twin sisters quilt. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful projects! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Twins, I get it! But it threw me for just a second! Such a refreshing color palette for those!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They all look great and I love your border pattern. I can't wait to try that myself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Love the quilting. I have that same Ikea fabric...love it but haven't decided what to make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All your projects are just gorgeous! Your fabrics choices are so bright and cheery. Just what's needed for this mid-winter weather! Your quilting is beautiful. I especially like the straight line quilting on that sleeve. It has a very modern feel!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm always amazed by your beautiful quilting. love your twister quilt!

    Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fun quilts!! I envy your quilting =)

    hugZ,
    annie

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm working on a twister quilt right now. I've been watching closely for how you were going to quilt it. Love it! I may have to steal an idea or two!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving your quilting and your colours Sue!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!