Monday, March 18, 2019

Quilting Marathon!!

Phew, that was some weekend!! I can't believe how much quilting got done.  These wonderful people did it again, they used every inch of the design wall and two tops got finished with the rows of two others sewn!  Look at this, just amazes me how much they do. Hands 2 Help 2019 we are making it happen over here!

I just love these big Blog patterns - 2 tops complete 
we used the entire design wall.  So sorry I didn't get a picture of the spools, it will be wonderful when all those rows will be together
I really am just enamored with the big block quilts this year. We started working on three today!  We had our heads scratching a number of times, especially on the one with the dark blue background.  Then blocks went missing, then found and missing again.  Perhaps we learned three at time might be a bit too much!  But I LOVE LOVE LOVE them.  There's only one more that is cut and ready to sew.  I think we might want to recover from these before starting that one!

Betty gave us block to finish the quilt, we need to do a little planning here, Kim and I were thinking of the wood pile blocks in the guild  opportunity quilt.  But it's going to look wonderful when it's done

These are Betty's blocks.  She has a friend who has cancer and we are trying to finish this for her.  It's going to be beautiful when it's done!

Hared workers!!  Little bit of a different configuration with Loretta down there

Last one stitching!  Had to pull her away for lunch

Every machine was in use, they were humming
 Every machine was spoken for today, they were all going, these folks were so motivated today and their hard work paid off!!

As usual, Tom put out a great spread.

Where would we be without Tom?  He always takes care of us!  He wasn't there last week and believe me we noticed!!  So wonderful to have him there today.  Even though he's not stitching, he is definitely a key part of our team. 
Jodi blinded but all the beautiful brighness of the fabrics

 Jodi is working a quilt that is filled with sunshine.  She's using a Missouri Star Quilt Co pattern.  The creativity in her is overflowing!
Isaac letting Liane know how much he appreciates her effort, he's cheering her on!
 Isaac joined in the fun too, he was there always encouraging everyone and looking for a little love in return.  He was so proud of all the team members. 
Isaac looking for a little love among the hustle and bustle. Veronika giving a little cuddle, hard to resist. 
Here's the stats - our goal is 8, stretch is 10

  • Quilts completed              1
  • Tops completed                4
  • Tops in progress               3
  • Tops cut                            5
  • Kathleen is taking strips   1
  • Annette is making one      1
  • Grand total                      15

I also had my first machine rental this weekend.  So while Loretta was busy quilting with someone else (yes there was just a hint of jealousy seeing my girl with someone else!) but then I moved over to April (my Millie) and the world was good again.  I got this sweet table runner completed using the new Circle 2 (circle squared) rulers from Quilting It and these rulers are amazing!  I know these are going to be used on a regular basis, love them!!
perfect colors to match with my family room.  It amazes me that these were picked and sewn over a year before we went with the new color scheme. 



I have two wonderful quilt finishes that I can finally share, but I want them to have their  own post so check back in later this week.  So  much quilting going on over here.  It's heaven!!

OH almost forgot - raffle ticket on sale now for this beauty made by the Country Quilters of McHenry and quilted by me!  Tickets are $1 each, or 6 for $5.  A few options for paying - Paypal friends and family (the business account charges a fee), Apple Pay, send a check.....once payment is received I take a picture of the tickets filled out but before detaching and placing in the hopper.  It's an incredible quilt, appraised at $2725!  And it could be yours.  Just leave a comment and I'll get back to privately about paying options.  I'll be at the Quilt Festival in Chicago on Thursday March 28, selling tickets in the morning, white gloving in the afternoon. Stop by and take a look, it's so much better in person.  Double batting Hobbs Heirloom Blend and Hobbs Wool.  Heirloom quilted, cotton sateen on the back (unbelievably soft).  Tickets now available!!






Take a look at the linky parties in the side bar, so much creativity out there!

3 comments:

  1. You are a dynamo! Do you ever sleep? Everything looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you all got so much done and those quilts look fantastic! I love how you quilted your runner and now I'm off to investigate your new rulers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got so. much. done. That's amazing! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!