Sunday, July 6, 2014

Blocks, Flimsy and Finish - we've got em all

Just a little quilting over the long holiday weekend.  I quilted this adorable quilt for a customer.  Hobbs 80/20 batting, Premo Soft on top, bottom line in the bobbin.  I printed out a puppy paw  for the corner stones, drew a dog bone for the sashing and then just simple out line and echo stitch with background loops to really make those pups stand out a bit.  Oh and look at that backing material - puppy love for sure.



Since I had nothing on the waiting to be quilted list and April is getting ready for a spa treatment at APQS resort in Iowa, I put some borders on a panel quilt and got my quilting fix in before she leaves.  Just out line the letters and the animals, loops for back ground fill, Hobbs 80/20 batting, Glide thread on top bottom line in the bobbin.  I think this one is super cute, nice and bright the way I like em!  I'll try to get some better pics when there's natural day light.  It's going to be a couple of weeks that's she'll be gone, oh boy I'm gonna miss her.




And  a couple of blocks for Lori Square pants along with the design table, all the pieces for each block sorted, 2 done, 28 to go.  And another panel quilt.  Now I have something on my waiting to be quilted list  :)  I love panel quilts for a quick quilting fix.

Went for a bike ride this weekend too, 26.72 miles. Love riding on the Prairie path and the cone flowers are in full bloom

And a garden walk at my house, I think I'm finally getting use to my shade gardens.



Stop by all the linky parties on the side bar, something for every day!

12 comments:

  1. Both quilts and the blocks - outstanding work, Sue. Did you do any hexies? Would love to see them at Hexi Weekend. Your shade garden is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting on the animal alphabet quilt is fe - nom - e - nol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these - though my favourite is the alphabet one. Your quilting is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love each project, especially the alphabet quilt. The bike ride scenery looked peaceful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That puppy quilt is just adorable! My favorite part are the little paw prints in each of the cornerstones. I just found a panel in my fabric stash. I might have to do something with it so I can get my own quilting fix! Thanks for linking up for Anything Goes Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some beautiful finishes. I love seeing how your quilting brings panels to life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love watching people play with panels. Yours have turned out quite lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You came up with just the right motifs to make those pups looks that much more special, Sue. What fabulous work on those panels! Your love of quilting really shows in your work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your alphabet blocks are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your alphabet quilt looks great! I made one for my grand daughter and it is still on her bed and she uses it every night.. nice to know she likes it and I hope teaching her the alphabet! followed you from show and tell tuesday linky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always appreciate the close up shots of your quilting. Seeing these sunny plant pictures makes me want spring to get here!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!