Saturday, May 19, 2012

FNSI and Twisting the night away

Before the twister magic 
What happens when it's FNSI, cyberquilters  (yahoo group - it's free to join, check it out, lots of fun) have a twisting weekend and daughter number 4 needs a baby quilt in less than 2 weeks for a baby shower?? Well this happens of course.  I found some cute girly fat quarters, cut them into 6.75 in squares with a 4 in border.  Sewed it all together. Then cut up the pinwheel blocks which are 5 in.  I used the scraps from cutting in the first border.  One more border to add and the top will be done.  Hmmm but what about the quilting?  I'm thinking a cute little whimsical curlieque in each of the pinwheel arms.  Any other thoughts?

Stop by Heidi's to see what everyone else worked on last night.
After the twister magic


Handmade by Heidi

16 comments:

  1. Wow that's really cute! I love the secondary look. I agree a swirl in each pinwheel will look adorable or half feather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this came out so cute! I have the large top using a layer cake ('Puttin on the Ritz'), but can't manage the template cutting - will have to wait a little longer for the fingers to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your twister came out "sew" cute, Sue! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must never sleep!! How do you get this all done? The fabrics you used make a gorgeous baby quilt. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it, I have been meaning to make one and just haven't gotten around to it. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these twister quilts and yours is absolutely gorgeous! It will make a great baby girl gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow that is really neat! lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute quilt. Wonderful choice of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love that technique! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must try this, it looks fabulous! I thought that the plain squares looked good but WOW!!! Those twisters *are* magic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is adorable! Your fabrics are beautiful. I'm sure this will be a cherished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had to laugh earlier today I was trying to figure out how many blocks to add for a baby quilt to use my twister square and I took a break to read email and found the answer! Thank you so much for your help! This is why I blog. Your awesome so is the quilt, hope mine turn out as nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue, I love this Twister Quilt. I did some checking and I see that the "template" comes in two sizes.. One for 5" square and one for 10" squares. Since you said you cut your fabric in 6+" squares, which template did you use? Thanks in advance for such great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!