And that is just what I did this weekend. Cat Patches is hosting Occupy your sewing room. Occupy your Sewing Room will run from December 3 - 10, 2011. During that week, plan to occupy your sewing room for a full day. If you can't spend a whole day, then divide it up into whatever increments you like. If you haven't joined, it's not too late. And there's a giveaway at the end! Some great prized
So what did I do while I was occupying me sewing room this weekend? I can't believe how much I got done. I stayed off the computer and in the sewing room. After this post, I'm doing some blog hopping to get my internet fix :) Ah, back to sewing and what I got done.
1. I finished the reusable-washable shopping bags and made my first ever tutorial which you can find right here
Here are the last two bags, one is made of the left over army uniforms from my niece. Uh oh, I"m using her uniforms that she sent me for her Christmas gift....may I ought to get a little something extra in there for her. So that takes care of the 7 nieces and nephews, just need to get some goodies for the bags.
2. I made a 6 great niece and nephews a gift card wallet. I used a free pattern that I found, super cool wallet
All I have to do is add a gift card and done. These were so easy to do. I can never finish anything in an hour, but really one of these can be done in less than an hour. And that's even taking 15 minutes to figure just the right fabric. I think they'll like them, maybe not as much as the gift card !
3. I finished the last two thank you gifts for the shower next weekend. I was cutting that pretty darn close. The first one is a tutorial from Janssen Designs, I knew as soon as I saw this I had to make it. All from scraps, binding, batting everything but the backing. You just can't beat that. The tutorial is here
The second one is a pattern from Dec/Jan issue of Quilters Newsletter. I used the left overs from the tree skirt. Crazy bright colors!
4. Yes there still more! It's been a while since I've made any baby things, what at least 2 weeks right? !
And really this one shouldn't count cuz there was no sewing at all. Just some cutting, some spray adhesive and some glue. But Little Baby Miles now has a lamp to go with his nursery ensemble. All you do is make a pattern for the lamp shade. I used large news print sketch paper, a news paper would work fine. Lay the shade on the paper, roll it from start to finish and trace on paper as you roll and there you have a perfect shape pattern. I cut mine about an 1/8 in smaller than the pattern. Spray some permanent adhesive on the shade, and attach your fabric. I made some 1/4 bias tape and finished it off with that, I just glued it with permanent fabric glue. Adorable and so easy, no sewing!
5. The last thing did not get finished but it got started and that's 350 little HSTs for Orca Bay. I LOVE LOVE LOVE HSTs. I've made an entire quilt out of HSTs, so fun. But I just didn't have enough time this weekend for all that fun, there's only so much fun you can cram into a weekend. I've got about 120 done, and hopefully will get the rest finished by the next clue. Oh and goodness did you see all the people that joined in the linky party for Orca bay, that is so cool to be able to see everyone's progress.
And that's it for this week. Be sure to stop by Bonnie's
to see the progress everyone is making on Orca Bay. And there's always fun stuff going on the design walls at Judys
And check out Quilt Story on Fabric Tuesday, there's also something creative going on there.