Monday, October 15, 2012

DWM - 3 Quilts quilted this weekend




Lots of quilting this weekend.  I finished the Warrior Pride in time for the Homecoming game. I actually had 2 hours to spare :)  I don't quilt well under pressure, just not enough time to get creative and then change my mind.  I think it was the changing my mind that I really missed on this one.  But the football mom loved it and that's what really matters.    I did break out the embroidery machine for the letters,  had to dust it off as it's been a long while since I've used it.  And look at the back, I LOVE the football fleece we found for the back.   Batting is Hobbs 80/20 and bottom line both top and bobbin.

Farm stand - QOV
Fan Fare panto, love this pattern
Construction - QOV

Construction - QOV
2 QOV quilts completed this weekend as well.  These 2 came from Kathy in Columbus IN.   The construction equipment kinda threw me.  I just outlined as if it were applique.  I used Fanfare by Patricia E. Ritter, I love that panto for the Farm Stand quilt. . Batting hobbs 80/20, bottom line bottom of both.   Construction quilt has invisible thread for the outlines,  and bottom line for the background quilting.   The Farm Stand quilt has so fine on top.  I've been using quilters dream 70/30 for the past few months and honestly I like that so much better than the hobbs.  I think once I finish the roll of Hobbs, I'm switching completely to quilters dream batting.

Not quite done with Orange Crush but hoping to get that completed this week for quilting next weekend.  Can you believe how completely different that is from Warrior Pride?  Orange Crush is true to the pattern so far where Warrior Pride deviated just a bit. 
Orange Crush 
 And one last picture or two, we're having such wonderful colors this year. Last week all the Hickory trees were a wonderful golden yellow, this week the oaks are showing off their brilliant reds and burgundy.  This one in the front yard was just so pretty.    In the second one you can see the swing where I take the pictures of the quilts outside.  Too wet this weekend for outside pictures, would have been a nice picture of Warrior Pride in that spot.
Front yard, beautiful color
another view of the front yard, I love this time of year here. 
Linking up with

20 comments:

  1. Just beautiful quilting - you truly are a master with that machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts, Sue. And quilting!
    How large are the squares in the colorful Farm Stand-QOV? It is a fun feast for the eyes. Love that quilting pattern, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL the pictures are beautiful~! We have no turning leaves here in Louisiana. When we do they are brilliant and quick!

    glen

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! 3 quilts quilted in a weekend!!! Now I really feel like I am lacking. LOL! I've had the same quilt on the frame for a few weeks now. UGH!

    Have a wonderful and Blessed day
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts! All three quilts are wonderful! I've always been atracted to the veggie/fruits fabrics. They are sooo fun.
    The autumn colors are truly ablaze in your part of the world, beautiful.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved all 3! But I was amazed that u got it done so quickly. The black and orange is so striking and I think the quilting was wonderful and just right! Thanks for sharing, Micki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quilting! Love the designs you create. Sure looks like you had a wonderfully productive quilting weekend! Yippee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your quilting on this great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did such a wonderful job on your quilting Sue!!! Great work!!! I love the choice of Fan Fare on the QOV quilt - perfect :*)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! You do some amazing work! came over from fabric tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's a lot of great quilting! I didn't even notce the first & last quilts are the same pattern at first - isn't it fun how just a couple changes gives you a completely differant look? have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Popped over from Freemotion by the River and also Quilt Story - what a lot of quilting, my shoulders would be screaming! Amazing job, they all look fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You work is amazing as usual!

    What pattern is that orange crush? I thought it might have been Bonnie Hunter's orange crush but it isn't. I love your OC quilt and would love to make a version of it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I have a crush on your orange crush.....fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I normally don't like orange but your two orange quilts look fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful quilting as usual Sue and wow did you get a lot done!! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sue, you are such an inspiration! Love your work and with that orange crush, I'm going to have to start one myself--first to collecting more orange--that won't be hard for me as it is certainly one of my favs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can´t believe both quilts, amazing! and the view it´s incredible

    ReplyDelete
  19. My Goodness - you were VERY busy - I love the quilting on all of them!! Wonderful job. Glad you finished just in time!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!