Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!! I got a finish in before the bunny arrived

Crossroads is done!!  I think I might put it back on the frame and feather the parts of the X that are quilted, it just doesn't look that even to me.  But that's not gonna happen for a while. We'll see if it grows on me

Crossroads

Crossroads back detail

Crossroads border
Crossroads back

And since I finished one of the quilts on my to-do list, that means I get to start another one.  This is one that will be for Hands 2 Help (did you sign up yet?  see the button on the side).  It's a double nine patch, which I found here.  A couple different layouts, not sure which one I like the most.
Double D9P layout 1 
Double D9P layout 2

Double D9P layout 3

Hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.  Don't eat too many of those peeps or jelly beans :)

15 comments:

  1. I don't know what else to say....Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have too much fun, Sue and the money spent on your LA is worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt!!! Whether or not you decide to add quilting.
    The new one is a "Split Nine Patch," I'm thinking, because a Double Nine-Patch has is a nine-patch in which the corner squares and center square is a much smaller nine-patch. (Maybe the terminology has changed.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! Love the colors.
    I think I like the second D9P layout best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great finish Sue. I like the 2nd layout (lends itself to quilting!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your quilt! The quilting is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your 30's quilt looks amazing! Please tell me, how did you quilt your feather wreaths Sue, with a template or freehand?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt is gorgeous - I love your quilting and the colours are so nice and fresh! And I like the way you did the border. It looks like you will have fun playing with the 9-patch layout! Hope you had a good Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue, Your quilting is getting unbelievable. Oh my gosh! All that fabulous quilting yet it does not overwhelm the design, just enhances the whole.
    On the DD9P, I like the 2nd one best. Did you do a 5 inch and 7 inch to create the blocks? Am hoping to do this one myself but was hesitant to try with good fabric. ggg Anne in Colorado
    sewanne@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Crossroads quilt is amazing! I want to quilt like you when I grow up :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I like layout 2 and thanks for the idea for solids.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sue! I do love seeing what you are working on. It takes my breath away!!
    The D9P layout 1 is a so graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crossroads is beautiful, gorgeous quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW. The quilting is outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!