Thursday, May 8, 2014

My sewing staycation day 2

Yep I've got a three day sewing stayacation.  On day one, I finished the binding on this H2H quilt.  I made two of these, one for the etsy shop the other for a donation quilt.  Both my girls in college want this one so I ordered more fabric.  This will be the first time I've ever made 4 of the same quilts using the same fabrics.  But I do like them - Joel Dewberry Botanique - and Craftsy has them at 20% off I think.

Cozy flannel on the back, I think this will be good for Happy Chemo
And I used all be a couple of strips of this bundle, finished up a tumbler quilt, have I told you how quick and easy these are with the accuquilt die?  Goodness I just love it.  Quilted with a freehand all over swirl.  Batting is Hobbs Polydown.  Glide thread on top - silver grey was just perfect.  Bottom line in the bobbin.  Finish is off with a nice flannel backing and a scrappy binding and we're done.  This one turned out 45 x 51ish



Here's a jelly roll quilt made with Citrus jelly roll, love the colors, just a simple pattern, so two strips together. cut the quarter triangles, I got 4 triangles from each strip set.  Then pair them up and sew em together.  Simple freehand swirl, hobbs 80/20 (had a left over piece big enough for this one, love when that happens). Glide on top a soft pale yellow and bottom  line in the bobbin.    This one is a bit smaller, 36 x 42 but still a nice size baby quilt.


And I have 3 more quilts cut out and ready to sew, 1 will go in the shop and the other two will go for H2H - my goal is 9 quilts - 3 per charity, but if I only hit 6, 2 per charity, I'm really pleased with that too.

Don't forget to check out the linky parties on the side bar, so much quilty goodness out there. Over at Sharon's from Vroomans Quilts, she's having a may for me linky party, and there's a give away too.  Go here to check it out, I'm on my way over there now!

15 comments:

  1. Great quilts and your quilting is just lovely. You do such wonderful charity work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue~I simply love both of them, and so nice of you to do some for charity too. It is rewarding -) You make me want to hurry home and sew one too as I am sitting here waiting for an oil change in my vehicle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both of the quilts! Which size GO tumbler die are you using? I just purchased the 6.5". Now I wonder if I should get the smaller tumbler die. I want to cut up a lot of my scraps, and I like the notched corners on the GO tumbler dies. Those are the only dies I'm interested in right now. I had a GO once upon a time, and had a bad experience with some five inch squares. Sold every thing, now I bought another one, but just for the tumblers. Love that fabric you used from Craftsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! I keep thinking about getting an Accuquilt cutter for those odd shapes, but do I want to invest/store it??? And it looks like your getting the hang of pantos--easy aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing your quilts and quilting. Enjoy your stay cation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting is really beautiful! Best regards. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! A sew at home staycation sounds like heaven :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them both. Your quilting is gorgeous. Lovely, lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow they're all beautiful and your quilting is amazing as well. Joel Dewberry Botanique is a lovely fabric line. Your girls are very lucky ladies!

    I'm also glad to know I'm not the only one whose quilts end up measured to the inch-ish :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are such an inspiration, Sue. I really want to try that hook with the echo quilting soon. These are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you just love sewing staycations! Lovely quilts!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sue, your quilts never fail to impress me! They are all so lovely. Enjoy your staycation!

    Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  13. I so admire how productive you are, Sue! Beautiful quilts! I love the texture your quilting adds too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! My goodness, you sound busy on your staycation! What fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!