Sunday, November 4, 2018

A Change is Gonna Come!!

That's right!!  Those of you that have followed this blog know that my passion is the long arm quilting.  My soul just blossoms when I'm quilting.  I have wanted to start a long arm business for many years now.   I've dabbled a bit and I've done a few customer quilts over the years.  But it's always been this thing I did on the side.  I now  want to change that.  I want to step out of the crazy world product development and technology and jump head first into the artistry of long arm quilting!  I want to do edge to edge (I have 2 computerized long arms - if it's digitized, I can quilt it), custom (what I LOVE the most -  feathers and ruler work), teaching and machine rental.  I want to do it ALL!!!  I have a Big dream!!

I'm down to reduce hours at work, hoping after the first of the year to reduce even more and by next birthday to have hours down to zero.  It's a big goal, I have to work really hard to make that happen, but a girl just has to give it a try and follow her dreams!!

With that, I'll share my Big Dream Panel - appropriate right?  I just needed to get my frustrations that have building up the past few months out is the form of some incredible feathers.  And feather this baby I did!!  I have a number of different feathers in this one, from formal traditional feathers, a vine-y feather with curls, a lacy curl feather and a few others.  This sweet thing has two layers of batting, one Hobbs Poly Down on the bottom and Hobbs Wool on Top.  I want to hang this and that's why I chose the poly, I also want some incredible definition in the quilting which is why I choose the wool.  The Poly gets a bit stiff with the dense quilting and the wool gives wonderful puff.  




My dream is to quilt all day!!  With the grand opening there is 25% for the rest of this year, yep that's right, the rest of this year.  So stop by https://suedaurioquilting.com/ and lets talk about how I can help to make your long arm quilting ideas come to life.  Make sure to follow me on Facebook and Instagram, these are usually the first place with quick and easy updates with details followed here. 

Hope you have a great week!  Check out the linky parties on the side bar, lots of great inspiration out there.

10 comments:

  1. testing to see if I get notification of comments. I know it's been a while since I've been blogging but really what happened?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your business! That quilt is beautiful- I'm sure your biggest problem will be fighting off the customers. When you're ready to teach, count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That quilt is magnificent! Good luck with the business!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always stun me with your quilting! This panel is no exception! I wish you all the best with the quilting...I don't think you'll have any trouble getting lots of quilts to put your touch on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on making that leap and jumping right into your passion. Your big dream panel is stunning! Best wishes for your new endeavor. Thank you for linking to TGIFF at storiedquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy you are following your dream!! Congratulations on this big decision! You are such a talented quilter!!! This quilt is beyond stunning and spectacular!! May you have oodles of success!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue, congratulations and best wishes for your exciting new adventure! You do beautiful work and this feathered flower looks like it would be a great sampler to show customers the different feather styles you offer. So, I'm curious about the double batting layers. I've heard a lot of longarm quilters talk about doing that, especially for show quilts, but never seen anyone talk or write about HOW they do a double batting. Do you spray baste the two batting layers together before slipping them between the quilt top and backing on your frame so they act like one batting, or just slide them in together and carefully ensure there are no wrinkles or whatever throughout quilting? Do you need to raise your hopping foot height at all when you're quilting with double batting layers? Anything different you need to do as far as threads, tensions, needles? And finally, what are the pitfalls to watch out for with double batting layers?

    ReplyDelete
  8. One day my FMQ will be good enough to do one of these! Love the muted grey colour

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt is absolutely stunning. Good luck with your big dream :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilting is stunning!!! I love it! I'll be rooting for your success!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!