Sunday, June 1, 2014

Hands 2 Help final link up - the big reveal!!

Oh I got these done just in time!!  My original stretch goal was 3 for each charity, but I only have 2 for each.  I'm quite happy with that. Six quilty hugs I'm sending out for this years drive. First up is Happy Chemo - 2 quilts, "Hi" from Nov/Dec 2013 Quilty magazine.  Fabrics are a few from Glimma collection and others from my stash.  Pantograph is Tea Lights by Patricia Ritter.  The other is a tumbler quilt, fabrics are Botanique (Joel Dewberry) and a new panto on this one, Aztec Wave by Patricia Ritter.
H2H Happy Chemo #1 - it really has binding I promise!
H2H Happy Chemo #1 back - Hobbs 80/20 batting, panto is Aztec Maze by Patricia Ritter
Happy Chemo #2 - "Hi" , hobbs 80/20 battting, Tea Lites pantograph

Happy Chemo 2 - detail 
Next is Quilts of Compassion, 2 quilts.  One is a tube quilt the other is Posy Patch from an Amy Ellis book.  I did custom quilting on the tube quilt, simple lines in the white and then one each for the colored squares.  I used Fanfare Pantograph by Patricia Ritter (I guess I really like her stuff!!) on Posy Patch
Quilts of Compassion #1 Tube Quilt
Quilts of Compassion #1 back 
Quilts of Compassion #2 - Posie Patch   
Posie Patch detail - Hobbs 80/20 batting Fanfare Pantograph by Patricia Ritter
Posey Patch Back 
And the last two are for Hurricane Sandy Survivors.  One is a jelly roll quilt the other a "Hi" quilt.
Hurricane Sandy #1 Jelly Roll quilt 
Jelly Roll Detail - Hobbs 80/20 batting Fanfare Pantograph
Hurricane Sandy Survivors #1 - "Hi" 
Hi Detail - Hobbs 80/20 batting, Panto is Celtic Maze by none other than Patricia Ritter
Hi back - isn't that a great pantograph?  Love it.
Stop over at Sarah's to see all the incredible effort and generosity in this quilt drive.

36 comments:

  1. All of them are so gorgeous. You will be surely blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way you quilted the tumbler quilt - 6 quilts is a lot - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You have been busy. The quilts are beautiful. They will bring lots of smiles to someone special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously fantastic!!! You sewing machines have been humming! Such generous donations Sue...they are certainly beautiful quilty hugs sure to bring comfort to many!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for you - all will be so appreciated. Love the textures of the quilting on all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilting is beautiful on all of these. I am sure they will be a blessing for the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All lovely quilts and so beautifully quilted. They will bring hugs of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quilting! All of them are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic effort Sue. You really are a dynamo, I wish I had an ounce of your drive!!.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful quilts! They will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do you ever sleep? Or read a book? Or vacuum? You are a dynamo. The Aztec Maze really struck my fancy and I've added it to my "I want" list. Terrific quilts and eye candy this week. You sure get a lot of quilting "definition" on your pictures too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing such gorgeous quilts with those in need. They are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at how many lives you'e going to touch!! They're just awesome, Sue - just like you!! Thanks for participating in the challenge again this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All wonderful quilts! The quilting on each of them is really great. You really put a lot into this quilt drive and it will surely be appreciated by all the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, your quilts are spectacular. I LOVE your quilting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love them all! and the quilting...wow...you amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have been busy! Beautiful hugs, each and every one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such beautiful quilts, I know that you are going to make some people very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your quilting is gorgeous. Quilting charity quilts is such a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  20. My fav are Posie Patch and Jelly Roll quilts, but all of them are great. And the quilting.... I'm envious!
    When I look at quilts like these I realise how much I have to learn still.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your quilts are beautiful and I'm sure that the people who get them will cherish them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are all absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What beautiful quilt Sue, how do you get some many made......you must not sleep! Thanks for sharing at Linky Tuesday! Freemotion by the River

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great quilts....great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love how the quilting on the tube quilt shows on the back. Congrats on your finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's great! I love your colors, the black border makes the tumbler blocks really pop. Hey, I noticed you used to visit my weekly linky party, and I thought you'd like to know that it is back up and going with thumbnail photos! :) You're still invited. :) [http://moderntraditionquilts.blogspot.com]

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sue, these are all gorgeous! What a generous and lovely donation each charity will receive. Great work : )

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great work, I especially love the Aztec Maze panto, might have to add that to my collection. Greta quilting and fabulous quilts, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Sue,

    Just thought I'd let you know about the link up I have started on my blog... Would love to see you there!

    http://lizzielenard-vintagesewing.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/where-has-free-motion-friday-gone.html


    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well, your quilting makes me feel like a kindergartner! Very excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great work! My favorite is the tumbler.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Sue,

    Thank you so much for linking up with the first Free Motion Mavericks linky!
    And my goodness, you have been busy! All lovely quilts and all so different, such beautiful gifts.

    Love, Muv

    ReplyDelete
  33. So much quilty goodness! What a show! Love that Aztec Maze. Such lovely finishes, Sue. You are such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. All of them are beautiful! What a wonderful donation!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!