Sunday, May 4, 2014

1-2-3 Done!!

I gave those new Bliss rails a work out this weekend.  3 quilts all quilted and bindings complete.  The first two are the twins quilts.  All of the finished quilts have Hobbs Heirloom 80/20 batting, I LOVE that batting.  Glide thread on top and bottom line in the bobbin.  The twins pantographs are Lounge Lizards (free from Ubran Elementz) and Splat by Patricia Ritter.  I love these, I think I have enough strips left over to make a couple more of these, but a little smaller.  Pattern is Strip and Flip Tutorial which can be found here

Lounge Lizards Pantograph, Hobbs 80/20 batting 


Splat Pantograph, Hobbs 80/20 batting, Glide thread on top


I was feeling quite comfortable (really I was jumping for joy that the splat drops looked like the might still be falling rather than looking like they had already hit the ground with a flat bottom :) and tried a challenging pantograph, Double Bubble by Patricia Ritter.  Much to my surprise, I didn't hate it!! While it was far from perfect, it was very definitely way better than what I could have done with the old rails. I feel like I have a brand new toy. People have asked why I want to do pantographs when I can do the FMQ. Really, I love pantographs. I think there are so many different patterns that give different texture and the quilting still makes for a nice soft cuddly quilt. When I FMQ, I tend to get a *little* carried away, pantographs save me from myself :) Patter is Marmalade Squares by Kate Blakesly
 Marmalade Squares by Kate Blakesly

Double Bubble Pantograph, Hobbs 80/20 batting and Glide thread on top


Don't forget to stop by all the linky parties and if you haven't joined in the fun, you really should.   Hope everyone has a great week  

30 comments:

  1. Wow! All of those quilts are so impressive, especially the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course the eye candy is incredible, as usual. But I really enjoy reading your thoughts on the patterns, the thread and batting you've used, and especially, the names of the pantographs and your reason for loving them. They are all great quilting motifs and each of your finishes is beautiful, Sue! Thanks for providing all the helpful links, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so productive. These are really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beauties! Fabulous quilting as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilting is just beautiful. I love your quilting designs! They really make the quilt pop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even pantographs take skill, and they each have their own look. All very sweet quilts and you can feel 'you' in each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am just waiting for my Bliss system to arrive so excited to hear you enjoy yours! I have been told I won’t believe the difference..Lovely quilts! Enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome quilting! Most of my pantographs are from Patricia Ritter at urbanelementz.com. Love how she prints the half row to start and end the design. I have double bubble and was intimidated by it at first but it was relatively easy to stitch and love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your design choice Sue. I agree wholeheartedly with you in terms of using a panto....to save you from yourself!!! I found when I did FMQ I always ended up with fairly dense quilting. That's not to everyone's ideal, so having a selection of panto's is a sure fire way of steering us away from that dense style of quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of these projects. Your quilting looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are each beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing the close ups of the quilting. It is really fun to see each design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful quilts and quilting Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the texture, but I love the double bubble one best! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Pretty much all I can say. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilting! I have the bliss rails as well, and love how easy the machine seems to glide. Thanks for linking up to Anything Goes Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, swoon. You do lovely work. I love it all, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's all so wonderful- isn't the marmalade squares pattern the best? I made one last year, and want to make more...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your quilting is always so great to see. I would like to be as productive as you are.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my! That's it.....Oh my! Your quilting is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was very surprised to find that I really enjoy quilting pantos. It is kind of zen really. No thinking involved, just going with the flow. I never would have thought that I would enjoy them! Yours look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful quilts Sue and I think the quilting is perfect for them although.......your quilting looks so neat all the time whether it is a pantograph or FMQing! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the border treatment and the quilting on Marmalade squares. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your strip and flip quilts are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I enjoyed all those quilts, especially that Marmalade Squares. I have that Double Bubble panto but haven't had a chance to use it yet. It looks wonderful on your quilt. Guess I'll be looking for a project so I can use it now!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your photographs show off the quilting well - so we can really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the texture your quilting gave these quilts. And I really appreciated reading your thoughts on pantographs.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just love the Marmalade Squares quilt!!! Gorgeous quilting on all of them. Love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Bliss rails really ARE just that, aren't they? Lovely quilts! I like all the pantos you used, and thanks for sharing their names.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love these quilts! and, love your quilting details for each. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!