Monday, June 29, 2015

Black Sea Grand Blocks Done!!!

I did it, finished all nine grand blocks.  I'm getting pretty excited about this.  Now to put that big ol' nine patch together... Black Sea is my version of Judy Martin's Aegean Sea.  I wasn't sure how it was going to be in black, grey and white, but I must say I'm liking it a lot better now that all the grand blocks are complete.
Black Sea grand blocks
 Speaking of nine patches, I've 52 of the *correct* size nine patch blocks done.  Only 28 more to go.  Still not sure what to do with those baby nine patches.  I think there's enough to use as a border for
Old Friends but we'll see.

I love the broken dishes pattern. I  really want to make a full size picnic quilt with nothing but scraps.  This is from a layer cake I had laying around.  I may add on to these, gold and white, not sure.

I did have something on the frame, just pulled it off.  A sweet little panel quilt.  Hobbs 80/20 batting, Premo Soft on top, magna glide bobbins.
Pierre's Famous Circus Panel Quilt





I'm also cutting squares for hexies'.  Two long twelve hour rides to make some progress.  I started my hexie project half way through daughter #4's first year of college.  I'll take a picture and show the almost 4 years of progress when I get back.  Boy oh boy, this one may never finish. Check out the linky parties on the side bar for some great inspiration.

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects! Your quilting on the panel is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your Black Sea quilt. It is gorgeous! It has been on my bucket list for quite a while. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects. Your Black Sea is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Black Sea blocks are Gorgeous!! I just love the design in blacks and grays. You've worked your magic on another panel and it's adorable. I really like the Broken Dish block, too, and your picnic quilt is too cute. Lots of lovelies today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about if I just say ditto what Ramona, Christine, Vicky and Katy said. I'm always amazed at your very clever quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - love your Black Sea - gorgeous. The magic you create with a panel is beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your Black Sea blocks, Sue! As for panels -- they always turn me off in the store, but then when I see one custom quilted like you did to yours I'm just blown away. I had to look at each and every photo close up to appreciate all the character your quilting added to the panel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh Sue, Black Sea is looking fantastic! And I love the circus panel, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sue, I love your Black Sea blocks! That's just gorgeous. Where did you find the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue I have my first panel quilt ready to quilt!! Thanks for inspiring me!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!