Sunday, February 18, 2018

Down to the wire

I'm feeling the pressure, I can do this, I can make this happen. I may have a to take a sick day....but we'll see.  Shower date is Mar 4, I have two more Saturday's to get this baby quilted.  I want to learn to do ribbon candy.  My plan to master ribbon candy will be print out about a 50 diamonds and doodling any time I can. Mtgs at work, when they get  a little boring and slow (they're talkers at the office....) I'll just pull out a diamond or two, give it a go.  I'll print some out that I like already done as well, try tracing them, try getting a little muscle memory going.  I can do this, I just know it.  If I can't get this down by Saturday or don't feel brave enough to try on the baby's first quilt, I'll substitute a different fill. But it's gonna happen this year, this is the year I learn to do ribbon candy!  So sweet little Emma's top is on the frame and started.  I can't wait to meet her.
Baby Jedi, Hobbs 80/20 batting Glide thread on top

Tops done, now to get her quilted

And in case anything happens at all, I've got a back up quilt.  This is a proper finish, binding and all!!  This one has Hobbs Wool batting (I had a scrap big enough for a baby quilt, that's the good thing about getting the king size rolls), HabandDash Glide 60wt thread on top and in bobbin.  One color thread, white, and it looks great, really blends in well everywhere.
Bundle of Love Panel - Northcott fabrics




I just heard my Old Friends was accepted in the MQX New England show, kinda exciting, but this means I ****REALLY**** need to get the binding on.  Binding and label by March 15 so I can ship by March 20.  I can do it.  Not sure how, but I'm certain it will come to me.  Hoping the force will stay with me even after Emma's quilt it done.

Hope every has a great week! Check out the linky parties in the side bar, so many wonderful creations out there.  

8 comments:

  1. Stupid work - slowing down your quilting ( ha ha) It is going to be beautiful - you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on having'Old Friends' accepted for the MQX show. You'll get Emma's quilt done even if it takes a mental health day.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do machine quilting so it was interesting to hear how you work at your muscle memory just like an athlete would. New Olympic event?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue,
    You can do it!! Ribbon candy will be in your rearview mirror in no time, and you'll be wondering why on earth you stressed about it. Ms. Emma will adore anything and everything you do, and if there are a few missteps no one but you will know. I can hardly wait for you to meet her as well! And your backup is adorbs. I'll bet she'll end up with both of them because who can ever have too many quilts?! Congrats on Old Friends being accepted into the show. You have plenty of time to get it bound and labeled for shipping. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always amazed by how good those panel fabrics look after they are custom quilted! Good luck finishing everything on time and congrats on your show acceptance. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!! Ughhh I hate deadlines...and giggled at the idea of taking a sick day to get caught up on sewing....I mayyyy have actually done this once! LOL!

      Delete
  6. We started off in the downstairs pub area of the event venues and then moved to the upper level, many tables were already reserved there but we commandeered some sitting space in front of a fireplace that was just the right size for our group of happy campers.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!