Sunday, January 28, 2018

Boo Boo blocks turn into New Friends

Oh boy, can you believe I have 2 finishes? Yep, not one but TWO!! There's more, much more.  Bindings - 5 of them, woohoo!!! Talk about doing a happy dance.  I'm all caught up with the exception of one binding and *maybe* if I feel industrious I'll get that on tonight, but if not, I'm basking in the glory of 5 bindings on quilts and no longer on my cutting table.  This guy here, he's the one without a binding.  The last of the Comfort Quilt drive from 2016.  We made 17 and this is the last one quilted, the last one to need a binding, feels sooooooooo goooooooooddd!  This guy has Hobbs Poly Down batting, ya, a little bit of loft here eh?  But it looks great with this panto, Arris by Jessica Schick.  Glide 40 wt on top and 60 wt on the bottom, love the 60 wt in the bobbin.  I just love a graphic quilting design on solids. Good thing I got these all wrapped up, cuz Hands2Help Challenge is about to start up again, see the button on the side bar.  You won't want to miss it!

Will you look at that texture?  Love graphic patterns on solids - Jessica Schick Arris

Great use of the extra 2.5 in strips from binding

the back - how fun is that

 No Broken Bones Required completed, yes even the binding.  I'm just too lazy to get pics with the binding on, but trust me, it's there.  Just need to deliver this baby.  This has Poly Down batting, glide thread on top, Bottom line in the bobbin and the panto is lines with holes (really that's the name). It came with the qbot, so might be been designed by them, I tried to see if there was a designer for it, but couldn't find anything in the two minutes before distractions made it too hard to look any longer.  You can't tell with the pictures but the fabrics are gold, looks pretty cool in person.  There's some silver in there too.  I really wasn't a fan when I started but they've grown on me.
No Broken Bones Required, Hobbs Poly Down batting, Lines with Holes Pantograph, Glide Thread on top
Lines and Holes
Add caption

Cotton Sateen on the back so soft and smooth
So with all that computerized quilting going on that gave me some time for binding.  It took me a while dragging my feet, cleaning things up, dusting, vacuuming,  everything has to be JUST RIGHT for binding.  But once I finally got started there was no stopping me. Got them all done, all of them.  Phew, glad that's over, one more to go.  Well ummmmm there is that big monster Old Friends, but I need to get some material for that one.  So here' s a nice little stack of quilts that got their final stitches.  All completed and ready for the next phase of their lives.  Like my babies growing up and all that.
Look at that stack of quilts all with fresh new binding! They finish up so nicely
Now, once the binding is done and there's still computerized quilting going on what do I do now? Well that's when I look at those Boo Boo Blocks from old friends.  I made all these double nine patches the wrong size.  16 of them, yep, felt so good when they were done.  Couldn't wait to put them up with the other blocks.  Not sure why I waited for block 16 to be completed before giving it a try, but seeessshh they are way off the mark.  But now look at them, I've got a double nine patch quilt.  I'll add a couple of borders, just like the borders on Old Friends, hmmm I think I'll call this quilt New Friends.  So let me introduce you to New Friends.  I can't wait to quilt this one.

New Friends just needs a couple of borders
Finally here's a couple of quilts that were finished but never made it on the blog. I think they made instagram, but not here.   The snow ball quilt.  Have you ever gotten a Jinny Beyer quilt kit? I  swear there is twice as much fabric as needed in those (hey I'm not complaining here).  I made 3 quilts from that one kit, Three nice size quilts.  Definitely got my money from that kit, and this is the last of that fabric.  I do like to do some custom quilting on comfort quilts and this one got a little special quilting.  The center of the snow ball is computerized, Donna Kleinke Angel Wings, it worked really well, then some free hand stuff and there you have a sweet little quilt.  I think this one has Hobbs 80/20 batting
Snow Ball Comfort Quilt

Snow ball centers were computerized Donna Kleinke Angel Wings

Love the back of this one


A couple of love quilts, one has Patricia Ritter Nightlight, the other has Patricia Ritter Cupid.  Both of these have Hobbs Poly Down batting.
Moda Love Quilt
Patricia Ritter Nightlight
Patricia Ritter Cupid
Moda Love 2

Siggghhh and that's all I have for this week :)  Check out the linky parties on the side bar and go get inspired!!  Have a great week

10 comments:

  1. Wow, Sue. Just wow. Gorgeous quilts, gorgeous quilting, gorgeous quantities of finishes, lol! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE looking at the backs too ........ the back of the snowball quilt is my kind of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue,
    That's ALL you have for this week?!! Holy moly! Look at that quilting on the first quilt. Oh my goodness, I can't go any further into your post - I just want to feel, touch and look at that quilt. Beautiful! I LOVE IT. All of your finishes are great. Good for you! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'd say you're back with a vengeance. Amazing finishes, amazing quilting as usual. I'm glad to see that you like to do custom quilting on your comfort quilts. I think they deserve the same effort we would give our own quilts.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your quilting , makes the quilts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful quilting and quilts....what a productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like all of the quilts is today's post and have several of the patterns on my bucket list, but that first quilt is awesome! I love the look of the quilting on the simple design. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!