Sunday, August 28, 2022

Slow Stitching Sunday

Yep that's right, me not only slow stitching but loving it! I thought binding would be the easiest hand to do.  If I didn't like binding I wasn't going to like any hand work at all.  Oh was I wrong, I hated binding.  I started hand embroidery and I just feel in love with it.   I'm just learning so my stitches have a way to go, but I'm enjoying getting there.  Today I'm working on my Squash Squad by Sue Spargo.  Squash #4 almost done.  


I started this summer when we were on a road trip to FL.  Circle Sampler was my first project, but knew there was no way I could stitch 90 circles, just no.  But I thought 16 was a reasonable number so I started with that.  Sixteen was just about right.  A little more than 1/2 way through I was getting bored, and started picking my favorites to do, then I started tweaking them....and you know how this goes right?  I finished by needle case.  A sampler of stitches, threads, yarns and ribbons. 


Sue Spargo Circle Sampler - Needle Case

Now maybe just maybe I'll start the Cathedral Doves II BOM from A Different Box of Crayons.  Or maybe I'll work on the next squash and try to get more practice....It's nice to have choices.


Hope your thread is untangled and it's a great slow stitching Sunday for you.  See the link in the sidebar.

Oh and tomorrow I'll have pics and details of the spool quilt that was finished, I need on of those!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the squash project. I really like your needlecase too. I recently embroidered a couple of vintage bibs and I loved working on them. I know I will make more someday. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your wool squash looks amazing! Good to see another convert to slow stitching. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!