Thursday, March 29, 2012

FMQ Challenge and Whooping it up

Ok so I really wasn't sure that I honestly got the challenge this month.  So I cheated and went to see what others were doing, you can check it out here if you haven't already.  I just LOVE Ann Fahl and the work she does, I have her Dancing with Thread book and just love it!  I saw one person "doodled" and that really seems like Ann's style.  I really should have doodled on paper first, but hey March won't be here forever so I went straight to the fabric.  So here's what I have.  Not my favorite, but it was fun doodling. I think I might give this another try when I'm on vacation next week.

Oh and speaking of vacation how do you prepare for vacation?  Me here's what I have all ready to go.  All kinds of pieces for the kitty korner quilt (EQ7 project is on the project tab).  I'm doing this one in 2.5 in squares cuz that's what all those little bonus triangles from my swoon blocks turned out to be :)  I have enough for 25 blocks.  Add a couple of borders and I should be be able to be a 60x60 quilt which I think is a respectable size.

And I have all the granny squares done, just need to sash them and add a border or two. 

I've got the whole week off all by self.  I'm calling this a practice for retirement vacation.  My husband is working this week, the kids are either working or back at college.  That means I can sew and sew and sew all I want and no one will stop me :)  Now that's what I'm whooping about !!

12 comments:

  1. I actually gasped (as in "oh, wow... how awesome is that?!?!") when I saw your "doodling." That is spectacular!!!

    Enjoy your week of sewing, that sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your Granny Square quilt is my favorite of all the ones I have seen. Have fun sewing all week, I am so jealous. Wish I could do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!! You are definitely a great doodler!!! :) Have so much fun on your week off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your grannies - can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    People tell me that I'm going to miss these days when I get nothing done because I'm taking care of little ones. While I will miss the little ones, I envy your week of sewing. WOW! I get five or ten minutes here and there right now. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really pretty. I like that it's free form but it's definable more than "doodles"! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you're right - that's the best whoop whoop of all!! But seriously, all your projects are so pretty - and I love your thread doodle!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your FMQ doodles are beautiful! Great granny squares and enjoy your week of sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colour palette you chose for your granny squares, Sue. I didn't quite understand what this month's FMQ challenge was either so I did the same thing as you and came to look at your page. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your FMQ and the granny squares are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, I do like your fmq doodling - a nice filler - I am guessing the flowers were done first,then you went back to do the filler? Hope you have a great week on holiday -it will be bliss to sew like you have planned. You've got plenty to keep you busy - the Kitty Korner is a gorgeous quilt.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!