Friday, February 8, 2019

Rhapsody in Blue - Reveal

Oh boy will you look at this?   Country Quilters of McHenry Quilt guild have been working on this quilt for some time.   Fabrics selected and cut, little block kits made, and came back then trimming, rows and finally a flimsy.  Then guess what happened, that's right I got to quilt this sweet thing!  And quilt I did.  They let me do what I wanted, the only restriction was not too modern.  Ok, but when you leave me unsupervised with a quilt, this is what's gonna happen, some thread is going down!  I had  a lot of fun with this.   There's two layers of batting, Hobbs 80/20 and Hobbs wool, glide thread on top, Ivory and two different shades of blue.  The back is a scrumptious cotton Sateen.  Lots of ruler work, lots of free motion feathers and even a little computerized quilting.  The center of all the stars has computerized motif.  It's the same motif on the center medallion star, just a bit bigger.  I gotta say I was  a bit nervous doing the quilting for the raffle quilt. The guild didn't have a quilt show and this is the main income source for the year.  But I think it turned out great.  












Now this beauty can be yours raffle tickets will be available very soon, they're getting printed now.  We'll have a few ways to purchase the tickets.  If you're going to the Chicago Quilt Festival in Mar, we will be selling tickets on  Mar 28 and Mar 30.  I'll be there on Mar 28 the morning selling tickets and the afternoon white gloving. I'd love to meet you, stop by and say hi!  They will also be available on Facebook for sale soon.  And of course you contact me directly.  I'll have all the details on the cost of the tickets and the date of the drawing very soon.   You can bet I'll be buying a few, I would love to have this hanging in my entry way!!  

Oh almost forgot the pattern is called Monterrey Medallion.

One other thing I want to share. It's that time of year again, Sarah has the Hand 2 Help Comfort Quilt challenge ready to go for 2019  Stop by and take a peak, I'm sure you're going to want to join in the fun.  See the link in the sidebar



I have a group of us who have been getting together for this for years now, we all look forward to this time of year.  We make quilts for H2H and for local needs. This year we're going to do it a little differently. We're going to make quilts for H2H and for the care givers this year.   

It must be difficult at times to be a caregiver for people who are the sickest, families are distraught and they must keep their chin up and be the bright light that these families may not have otherwise. So I'd like to give them a quilty hug as they need to self care and the job can be hard and emotionally taxing. If you know of an excellent care giver that could use a quilt to wrap in and let the world slip away for just a few minutes so they can care for our loved ones, send me a private message. The group of us will collect them all and determine at the end of the session. So come on and join us! Let me know if your in. We'll have our first get together in Mar, dates to come shortly, need to pick patterns and fabric and get some quilt kits cut and ready to go!

14 comments:

  1. What gorgeous quilting! And the quilt is lovely too. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGood Golly, I want to quilt like that !!!! Stupendous!! It would take me forever on a sit down but i would love every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous quilt!!! You are a master.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning! This is such a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is gorgeous! The quilting stunning! Speechless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That quilting is over the top! You did a spectacular job. I dream of mastering my Millie... Someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see you again, Sue -- and, oh, WOW! The quilt is spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, if I had a tenth of your talent... the quilt is beautiful. Your quilting makes it shine. Time for me to pay attention to H2H. I've been making some quilts specifically for it. And, I'll start a few more too knowing how I really like to donate quilts. Hope your group has fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowzer. This is a beautiful piece of art, and the quilting only enhances the design. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning quilt! Fantastic quilting too, and I hope it is a big money maker for your guild.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!