Monday, May 27, 2013

DWM 5/27 - Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial, and thanks to all who serve so that we can celebrate this wonderful day.

In honor of memorial day I finished a QOV that was sent by Jane who is my QOV partner this month.   Beautiful strings  on this one, love how it looks together.  I used a stencils for the string blacks and simple  straight line quilting around each of the blocks.   Love this one.


I did get a lot of things done yesterday.  But not a lot of pictures  yet to show  for it :)  I went through the batting scraps  and was able to put together all four battings needed for the H2H quilts. And I still have some left.  I pieced all the backs for the quilts and now just need to get them quilted.  I'm trying to resist the "quilt it like crazy" urge and hoping more for finished:)  Well I have one quilted - Twinkle.  I used fantasy flame pantograph  on this one, just love the texture it gives.  And I get can get a quilt completely quilted in a couple of hours with this one.
Twinkle - H2H#1 back
Twinkle - H2H#1  - front



I got the last of the tops pieced - this is the girls pezzy print zig zag- now on to the quilting....
H2H #4 - Girls Pezzy Print


10 comments:

  1. The QOV is amazing in how you used color! It looks three-dimensional. Good luck with finishing your other quilts. It's always so tempting just to make blocks than to finish. Especially the binding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very effective quilting Sue, I just love the strings quilt. The zig-zag setting is lots of fun, you've achieved great movement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous quilting on the string quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunniing quilting! It adds such an elegant touch to the quilt!

    Thank you for helping with QOV's! Your heart is so big and you have such a beautiful spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quilting... Great job. I love using up odd ball pieces of batting -- but not the putting them together so I can use them. That Girls Pezzy Print is a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love looking at your finishes. I have one big question - How do you manage to get so much done?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the twinkle quilt! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've accomplished a lot. Love all those projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilts beautifully quilted. Love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome QOV. I love your Twinkie H2H quilt. The chevron quilt is bright and cheery. Great gifts of comfort.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!