Sunday, June 24, 2012

DWM - last one for June

Really is this the last design wall for June?  Where did June go, can we get it back just for a little while.  Not much sewing this weekend, went to IN to the Shipshewana Quilt Show.  I got a couple more urban nine patch blocks done.


And a little car sewing, it's a 4 hour ride to my daughters one way.  So that was a nice chunk of time for some sewing in the car.  I was able to get one diamond complete there, and one on the way back. I think I just might be getting a little faster.

I'm one diamond short of making a star.  Hmmm well I have a few threads on the design wall don't I???  Oh, that's because it's well loved and used :)

And here is what I've been so anxious to dive into.  The one reason I went was to experience the Bliss Rail system for my Millennium.  I have to say I was a bit disappointed and really couldn't tell the difference between what I have not and the Bliss Rails. I was all set to order them, but nope, what I have is good.  The guy said if you have your table set up well, that it's not that much of a difference.  I"m not touching my table cuz they must have set that baby up perfectly.  So instead I shopped for fabric.  See all those bags, filled with  yummy wonderful fabrics :)


Linking up with

Fresh Poppy Design

21 comments:

  1. Great blocks! The hexies are a slow go - think that's what turns me away. Look at all those bags- oooohhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, bags full of something! And the in-progress fabric looks great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yor blocks are so bright and cheerful. I'm with you on Bliss. I've never been able to tell the difference so I haven't invested in it either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do we get to see what's in the bags? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the urban 9 patches and the hexies.
    I always feel so strong when I resist the new latest and greatest and use what I have. And of course being able to shop for a bit of fabric helps with the resisting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Urban 9 patch blocks remind me of Double wedding ring. Think my sister would notice if I made her a quilt from them instead of DWR? Thanks for stopping by my Blog this Monday. The year is half gone and my UFO's are not getting done very fast. I have a Bernina Table with a Mega Quilter on it now so maybe I'll get more of the To Be Quilted pile finished. Also curious about what's in your bags!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the urban nine-patches! and the hexie blocks are wonderul. You are so lucky that you can sew in the car. I get motion sick. What is in those bags?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love both the urban nine patch and the hexie star blocks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so bitten by that Urban 9 patch, I need to get the ruler thingy. I really want to go to Shipshewana, tell me all about it!! I have never been there. It is about 8 hours driving from me and I am not sure if it is "worth" the trip.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the hexies!
    Wonder what treats are in the bags?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your bright, colorful urban nine patch blocks. And your hexies are pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two sets of GREAT blocks!! The Urban nine patch has my very favorite colors!!!

    Glad you like the way your LA is set up - always makes you happier!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue - Your hexies are looking good! I love the brights mixed with the blue second round. What color will you use for sashing?

    I also luv those urban 9patches - the colors are very eyecatching.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your bright blocks! Fun! I also like the hexies. I might do diamonds for the next one or next one or next one. I love hexies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how your UNP's are coming along, your fabric collection is fun and summery! I would love it if you shared them on the Flikr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1914708@N23/

    ...and if you don't have a Flikr account can I have your permission to add them, of course...you being the piecer. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really enjoying the fabrics and colors you've chosen for your UNP! Isn't that an awesome block and your diamonds are just to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your hexies look great! I am working on filling a box of them and making myself a quilt, too. They are slow, but satisfying because they look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great blocks and I am anxious to see the goodies in the bags!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Quilting at the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love both the projects you've got going, but the hand-stitched hexies would probably kill me! And yay for more fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm with Tamara... do we get to see the goodies in the bags??? I might need to go fabric shopping if you share what you got. NOT... I'm way over on fabric purchased this year. You are doing a great job on your blocks. Keep at it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have a lovely blog. Your hexagons are pretty too. I have been obsessed with hexies for about 11 years now. Happy stitching. May I ask what DWM is?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!