Saturday, December 30, 2017

Thread Emergency!!

Ha, well I finally get around to doing some serious quilting and what happens??? Yep ran out of thread.  Like I didn't even get to the roll the quilt forward (and it's a king size quilt) before I ran out.  But thanks to Amazon and speedy delivery, I had thread in two days.  Why is there no thread hot line????  Yes I'm *finally* quilting the Old Friends BOM quilt.  I added the last border, it's about 110 x 110. I'm really hoping this will fit on the king size bed without the mattress peeking through.  If not, it'll go on a queen size bed in the guest room.  Of course in my usually style, this will be quilted like crazy, lots of feathers, lots of all sorts of quilting.  It's mine I get to go crazy!!
Thread emergency resolved


corner - good to take pictures so you know what it looks like when you get to the other end!
Thread Emergency!!! Ran out of thread, didn't even get very far!!

And I even MADE a quilt this year.   Yep that's right, picked out the jelly roll. sewed , cut, sewed some more, quilted, binding and gifted, the whole shebang!  Man that felt really good too!

I jumped into the Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt On Ringo Lake - jumped in a bit late, caught up and only one part behind - substitute navy blue for Brown, Green for teal, a bit brighter orange than salmon.  Hey, bright is my favorite color.

On Ringo Lake
Wishing everyone a Happy New Year, I hope 2018 is filled with all the things that bring joy and peace to your soul. 

12 comments:

  1. So glad you're back ! and I can't wait to watch your quilting, since I'm getting serious into that now. Are your beautiful feathers all free-hand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep those feathers are free hand. I mark the veins of the feathers and registration marks for how wide I want them to be. Love me some feathers.

      Delete
  2. So you didn't fall off the face of the earth. Good to know. Hope you'll postmore often than every six months.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. You've been missed. Gorgeous quilt and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such prettiness here..love the quilt being quilted, the jelly roll AND your Ringo pieces. All gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your color choices for the On Ringo Lake Mystery!! Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your lovely projects with Oh Scrap! It is great to see you back. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo! Love your quilting! GORGEOUS!! What kind of batting are you using here and did you use more than one layer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice! two layers of hobbs batting, 80/20 on the bottom, wool on the top. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  8. Running out of thread is the worst! Your quilting is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bummer on the thread emergency! But glad you are back in action

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see you my friend!! That is going to be a beautiful quilt when you're finishing with the quilt Sue! My goal this year is to quilt a king size that will cover my mattress also.....boy they have to be made big anymore!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!