You can only imagine my surprise when I found out that Barbra from Cat Patches recognized me with The Versatile Blogger Award! I was so unbelievably surprised when I saw this. There are soooo many incredible blogs out there. I've been blogging about quilting for a little over a year now and I just can't believe how much I've learned, how much I've grown and hopefully that I've been able to give a little back.
One of those special blogs is Cat Patches. Barbara was the host of "occupy your sewing room", hehehehe, like I need a reason to stay in there :) But the rest of my family bought into that one so it worked. And she has the New FO program which is just brillian!! I don't have a lot of UFOs, yes I have some but I have extra fingers when counting them. Her monthly program celebrates the new projects you've started, Genius I tell you! So stop by and she what she has going on over there if you haven't already. Of course if you like cute cuddly kitties, she's got those there too! Thanks Barb!!
Now the rules for this thing:
- Add the award to your blog.
- Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
- Mention seven random things about yourself. (see below)
- List the rules.
- Award to 15 bloggers.
- Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.
Seven random things about me:
- I collect pigs
- Favorite color is green
- I'm a closet Green Bay Packer fan - actually I've recently come out of the closet much to may family's dismay :)
- I love curved piecing and just don't do enough of it
- When I'm at work, I look at the shirts that guys are wearing, and think about how their shirts would look in a quilt. A couple times I've even asked them what they do with their shirts when they are done with.
- I want to raise chickens but need to learn how to build a chicken coop that my dogs won't get into.
- I don't pre-wash my fabrics - gasp - there I've written it for all the world to see
And now the fun part!! I get to give this award to 15 wonderful bloggers. There are so many good ones out there, but this is where I'm starting - in no particular order -
- Desley at Addicted to Quilts - just amazing quilting
- Ann at The Bunkhouse- inspirational quilting
- Joan at Leshenault - if you haven't seen her feathers, you really need to take a look
- Katie at Katie's Quilts and Crafts - gorgeous fmq - and she convinced me to keep a wonderful quilt :)
- Sarah at Confession of a Fabric Addict - who is a quilting angel with her ministry donation quilts
- Em's Scrap bag - another quilting angel with her Happy Chemo quilt drive
- Kate at Swim, Bike, Quilt - another quilting angel, she organizes 100 quilts for kids
- Sharon at Vrooman's Quilts - there's always something going on at Sharon's - definitely and Angel, she was so busy sewing when hurricane hit New York
- Beaquilter - so many gorgeous and different quilts and ideas
- Bonnie at In stitches with Bonnie she brightens my day, always makes me smile, she's Scrapalicious
- BillieBee at BillieBee's Blog - she's a woman of few words, but her piecing is perfection
- Jamie at L'Fair Quilts - she has some incredible patterns - so creative and inspiring
- Brita at Scraps of Happiness - great quilts and wonderful quilting - she makes me smile :)
- SoScrappy host of the Rainbow scrap challenge - always something interesting over there -and colorful!
- Kat at ScrapBox Quilts - she's always trying something new, she got tutorials and shares EQ7 projects - always full of encouragement