Sunday, March 15, 2015

It's that time of year again, Hand 2 Help

I just LOVE this time of year.  Hands 2 Help is ready for sign ups. See that big button on the side bar, click on that to get all the details.  And Sarah has prizes and perks just for participating!! There's 3 great charities this year.  My goal is to make at least 6 quilts, but would really like to 10.  I've got all the supplies and have been soliciting friends and neighbors for some help.  Don't know how to quilt, but want to learn, we can show you how.  Want to learn how to use a long arm?  Yep we can show you that too!  All ya gotta do is stop by and help make a quilt for Hands 2 Help.  I've got 4 mornings in March, 2 in April, 4 in May set aside for just for this.  Send me a private message if you want to help, it's for a great cause!  


I have been busy doing some quilting on Becky's Just Beachy quilt.  I kinda feel like I should be quilting in shorts,  a tank top and sun glasses :)  Seriously, isn't this just gorgeous?   I stitched in the ditch and then some McTavishing for movement and fluidity in the background and then the applique just pops right off the quilt.   I used  a 60 wt  light tan, a medium tan (sand colors right?) and a dark blue for water, hows that for beachy.   Now I just need to finish up the borders.  

Lots of linky parties on the side bar, something for everyday of the week, go check them out if you're looking for some inspiration.  

9 comments:

  1. yes as soon as I get home from visiting my daughter I need to look the stack of already done quilts over and see what I have to donate and get busy with the stash and see about producing another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does feel like the beach.Looks great

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda feel like I should be quilting in shorts, a tank top and sun glasses......do it and post a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, that is a gorgeous quilt. I can see why your thinking you need shades and shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As usual, you are inspiring to me. Thanks for sharing your time and spirit to Sarah's project. You all are angels!

    Julie @ PinkDoxies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quilt and great quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the shout-out, Sue!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!