Sunday, June 5, 2011

Old project done, new project started

Not a whole lot of sewing this week.  Work was a bit crazy and Saturday was spent at Lambau field with my grandson.  It was a great day, he's 9 and join the kids fan club for the Packers.  They had a training camp for the fan club this weekend.  It was a bit of hike up there, but definitely worth it.   They did a great job with the kids and it was my first visit to Lambeau Field (I'm a big Packer fan, in spite of living in Chicago area).

I did get a finish in, the batik braid is done!!  Woohoo!!  Just need to wash it and then it goes to my niece for her birthday in early July. Very happy with the quilting on this one.  It was my last practice quilt before the Baltimore album quilt.  I love seeing  the pictures of the quilts outside so I thought I'd give it a try.  I found I don't have too many places to spread out a quilt.  I'll have to work on that for a summer project.   I also pieced the back on this one, I had to do something with the left over layer cake.  I think it works.

And speaking of the Baltimore album quilt (my daughter calls it the Boston baked bean quilt).  I did get it back out and actually a little more than that.  I have the main part of the top and bottom border cut and fused.  I am hoping to get this one done by the end of June.  I have a 4 day weekend coming up and hope to get it finished then - I can do it.  Once I get a little more done, on the top and bottom border, I can sew it together and work on each of the corners. I'll be so glad to have this one done!!

It's been a while since I started a new project (April 29) so I think it's time.  I'm joining in Elizabeth's Kaleidescope Quilt along.  The fabric requirements are out, but doesn't start until June 23, which hopefully gives me enough time to finish the Boston baked bean quilt!


I just found out daughter number 2 is expect a little one!!!  So excited, we don't know yet if it's a boy or girl, so this should keep me busy until we find out.  If you have any patterns, for cute baby stuff, I'd love to see it!!

one of the side garden, a few things starting to bloom
I'll finish with some pictures of the garden, they are so relaxing and so enjoyable to me.  This is Rocco's first summer with us and he needs to learn not to dig in the garden.  He'll get there. It's taking me a while to get use to shade gardens but I'm getting there slowly but surely!
The swing where I took the picture of the braids quilt 
Rocco love the front garden, he did a little digging here.
garden just outside the front sewing room window
this is what I see when I look out my front sewing room window
























Linking up with 
Patchwork Times and {Sew} Modern Monday at Canoe Ridge Creations

13 comments:

  1. The braid quilt is simply, well, stunning! The colors and design are brilliant. And you did a wonderful job on the quilting. An early Whoop Whoop! for you :-) And what a lovely setting outdoors, so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos of a great quilt - love the braid quilt! Just cannot get enough on garden photos - such inspiration. I would like to know how you got pics next to each other in blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilts are spectacular!!!! I am glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your batik quilt is lovely! I look forward to joining you on the Kaleidoscope QA! & congrats on the upcoming little one - yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many pretty pictures. Your braided batik quilt is amazing. Looks like you are well prepared for the Baltimore Album quilting. Your garden is fabulous. I enjoyed seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got some great quilts up today. The braid is wonderful. And, congratulations on an almost finished Baltimore Album top. Amazing,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow for not having a lot of time to sew you really accomplished a lot! Both quilts are wonderful. It will be fun to see what you do with the kaleidoscope group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilts! That braided quilt is amazing! Thanks for linking up to {Sew} Modern Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wonderful quilts that you have- found you through Judy's design wall Monday.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful quilts! Especially like the Batik Braid!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! It is so fun to sew for the Grandbabies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on the upcoming grand! Your batik braid quilt is so pretty, and your view out your window is just gorgeous. You are having a very good month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My first visit. Arrived from Em's post today. What a talented quilter you are. Love visiting your blog. Such talent is a real joy to see. Warmly, *karendianne.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!