Monday, March 7, 2011

Nothing on the design wall today - it's all about the quiting right now

I finished Baby boy quilt #3.  Another with a scrappy binding and pieced back.

I'm about half way done with the quilting on Christmas lights without the Christmas.  I'm not a big fan of this quilt but my daughter is and that's what matters.  I'm using this quilt as a practice quilt for feathers and grids (preparing for the quilting on the Baltimore Album quilt).   It's one of those quilts that you start and think "oh that's nice I like that".  Then when you're half way done, you think "oh man what was I thinking".  There's a lot of quilting on this one.  All the pink and orange have feathers and all the purple has a half inch grid.  Feathers are all done and grids are almost 1/3 done.

I did pick out my project for the HST/QST bucket project.  Can't wait to get that started.    I'm really feeling the need to do some piecing, but also want to get at least one UFO out of the way.

4 comments:

  1. Very colorful, I like it. The feathers are nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - practic is not the word. A lot of quilting there. You must be a feather pro now. My HST quilt is out of the way, now I have to get the UFO done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You must be able to do feathers in your sleep now! It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby quilt is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!