Sunday, November 28, 2010

Flower Blocks

These blocks will be a wedding quilt some day.  Right now I'm having too much fun with Christmas sewing and RRCB.  Wedding quilt not required until late in 2011 so I have some time.  I was very inspired by an Australian quilting magazine that had unbelievable borders and sashing.  I'm trying to figure out how to make this quilt just as wonderful...going to take a while.  There will be only the nine blocks, I plan on adding a maroon sashing as soon as I can figure out what kind of curve I want it to have, then borders, I love borders, they will be yellow, green and maroon, certainly with embroidery on them as well.  You can also look at the post that has the coasters, I pulled 4 of the flowers out of the designs for coasters for my daughter.  http://suedaurio.blogspot.com/2010/11/made-some-coasters-today-was-suppose-to.html.



The embroidery pattern is Art Nouveau Floral Square Design Pack from Embroidery Library - http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Products.aspx?Catalog=Emblibrary&ProductID=X6007  Lots of stitches, I finished a quilt top while the 9 blocks were stitching out!!

1 comment:

  1. Sue,
    Thanks so much for answering my questions from yesterday about the deco florals. They are quite beautiful and I am surely looking forward to seeing the finished quilt later on in 2011. If I did machine embroidery, I would definately buy that pattern pack.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!