Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Kim Boone's Homegrown Quilt

Oh my, has it been six weeks since I've had a blog post? Well, this is worth the wait.  Kim made this amazing Homegrown Quilt. Sue Spargo's design - the book will be out shortly, it's going to be dosey!  I think I have pictures of all the houses. The detail on each is out of this world.  There's really not much I could do for quilting, just pushing that background away and giving a little texture so those wonderful houses could shine.  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed working on this, I've never seen anything like it before.  I know, I'm gushing!!! If you could see me, there would be little heart eyed emojis coming from my head!  But hey, this is a quilt to gush over.  Two layers of batting, one 80/20 the other wool.  I used Wonderfil 80 wt thread, I didn't want anything to compete with her incredible hand work.  With that I'll leave with some incredible pictures.  Grab a cup of your favorite beverage and enjoy!!




the tree, the garden, the dirt is stitched on!



the detail, look at that stem!




the bees!  They really look like they are flying over the flower


the tree! The roof!

THe curtain, and the roof, oh boy 
the bunny and the carrot in the garden


The tiki hut!


The flowers


I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.  Thank you Kim for letting me quilt for you, this was really something!

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing! Both the piecing and the quilter, a true marriage of artists1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an awesome quilt - and your quilting sets it off WONDERFULLY!! Great job to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! this is incredible and your quilting is fabulous as always. Thanks for the cose-ups.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is absolutely Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the quilt, and the quilting. It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous quilt made more amazing with your quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The project is wonderful and the quilting spectacular. Together = awe-inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How FUN!! I bought some of those heavier weight hand stitching threads from the Wonderfil booth at Paducah Quilt Week, along with Sue Spargo's book full of hand stitching, but haven't played with any of them yet. Your quilting complements your customer's hand stitching beautifully without overpowering -- fabulous collaboration between the two of you!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!