Sunday, September 27, 2015

What the last Design Wall Monday in September? Say it ain't so....

Oh boy where did Sept slip off to?  I've got to pay closer attention.  Well a whole month has gone by and not much to show for it.  I did make some progress on a much easier wind down project, my chevrons.  I've 2 of 3 put together.  They look very different don't they?  They both have similar yellows, one had a few more.  One has scrappy grey the a constant grey.  One more to go.  I think it's interesting how changing a couple of things  can make the fabrics look

I did get one little sweet thing quilted.  Just a plan simple all over stipple is all this crazy little guy could handle.  I think I like the back better than the front.  But it was nice to work on all that crazy color in my neutralized sewing space.  Hobbs 80/20 batting, glide thread on top, flannel and cotton backing, I love the binding.

Lots of visual stimulation for tummy time

Love those smiley faces!!


And I entered my first ever local quilt show, gotta say I was pretty nervous.  But much to my surprise, I won a blew ribbon for shining star!!  That just kinda made my day!

Shining Star
Hope everyone has a great week, check out the linky parties on the side bar.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blue ribbon for Shining Star! I love that quilt -- and if you had never gotten up the courage to enter, you never would have known it was a winner. I know this will be the first of many ribbons for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blue ribbon for your first quilt show!! That's awesome, but I am not surprised. Your work is gorgeous. This little quilt you finished is too much fun. And I agree... the back is as wonderful as the front.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off-a big congrats!!! You deserved it-your quilting is always fantastic :-) And I love the difference in the chevrons, the darker grays really made the right one pop for sure. They are both the HST method for the chevrons?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been keeping extra busy, Sue. Congratulations on the blue ribbon! and I agree, I LOVE that back on the child quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the neutral quilts, setting blocks can so make a difference in the look. Cute child's quilt - like that setting. Congratulations on your blue ribbon - that is an awesome quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not at all surprised by your ribbon. That quilt is amazing! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, what a well deserved blue ribbon! CONGRATS!!! (And I feel the same way about September...whew what a long busy month!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your blue ribbon. Much deserved. That is one of the most stunning quilts I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Congrats Sue.....how exciting is that!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!