Sunday, September 21, 2014

100 quilts for kids - 1 more week

I made 2 more big star quilt tops, love it in the primary colors polka dots.  I think this one is definitely gender agnostic.  It's really hard for me to make a quilt that can work for a boy or a girl, but this one I think I got it!  The frilly girly ones are no problem at all, the boy quilts a bit harder but still definitely do able, but one that fits for both, well I just stare and stare at the stash and say "but how???"  And the last of the pillow cases are done.  Double stars and rainbows!


The totals for this week - just about done, this is amazing what we got done!!
Pillowcases 20 (+5 from last week) for Conker Cancer
Quilts ready to go 7 (+1 from last week) - Project Linus
Quilts ready to quilt 1
Quilts cut and ready to sew 1
1 week left!!

Oh and I have someone on the design wall that's not even related to 100 quilts for kids nor conker cancer.  Yep that's right.  I had a layer cake of shirting material that has been laying on my self for far too long.  So I cut it up and made some QSTs.  Hmmm not all that impressive I know, and I'm not really sure what I will do with them, but at least they are in a different form that they have been for the past year or so!  Don't forget to check out all the linky parties during the week, lots of inspiration out there.

17 comments:

  1. Your big star baby quilts are perfect! I am going to have to remember your pattern and fabric selection when I am making baby quilts for my church's mission. And your shirting quilt is lovely. It will be great to gift to a man. So calming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those great big rainbow stars - and the quilting, oh my!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your QST - they look really lovely and soft in that fabric. Really like your rainbow stars! Gorgeous quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about using your QSTs as background for a bright pot of flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like those shirting QSTs. Great mellow colors and the small scale patterns play perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sons agree that your awesome star quilts would be loved by boys or girls. (Although they did request the pink and purple star quilt I just finished. )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful quilting on those amazing stars! I love your quilt so much. Thanks for sharing.
    Love from Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your big star quilt! The quilting is perfect! And though quiet, I love your shirting blocks also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the big star quilt, hits you in the eye with lovely colour!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is truly impressive. Nicely done. For the shirtings, why not sash the blocks with something neutral like a nice cream, a light tan or a pale gray?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those big stars, fantastic colours

    ReplyDelete
  12. It does hit gender neutral. Nice one! And your quilting is impeccable and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing the double stars -- they're lovely. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those stars! They look really great in the bright colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This quilt and quilting is just fantastic.Great job and love your fabric choice too!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!