Sunday, July 20, 2014

DWM - 4 flimsies!

April is have a spa week, getting all tuned up cleaned up, regular maintenance and new interchangeable feet.  I sure do miss her. But when she's back I'll be ready.  My "waiting to be quilted" list has gone from 0 to four in just one short weekend.  Here's what I have finished up - Lorisquarepants - all 30 blocks done.  Measures at 90x 108.   Ugggghhh, I know it's going to have some level of shrinkage at first wash and while quilting.  Do I make 6 more  blocks and just make it 108 square?

Guess what's coming up???   100 Quilts for Kids, that's right and this year it's hosted by Quilts in the Queue.  I'm getting a head start with 2 quilts already.  The first one is "Awesome" lap quilt from Moda Bake Shop - goes together so quick and seriously awesome, great name huh?  The second one from Fat Quarter Shop free pattern is "Charm Pack Cherry Quilt Pattern".  I made mine one column larger and then flipped 90 degrees.
Charm Pack Cherry
Awesome Lap Quilt 

And last is a chevron quilt I'm calling little boy blue.  Ok I'm so ready for April to come back home.  Oh and very excited, I order my first roll ever of wool batting.
Little boy blue
Almost 50 miles on the bike this weekend  - here's a couple of pics of what's in bloom on the prairie
Yellow Cone Flowers

Prairie Coreopsis
Check out all the linky love on the side bar, so much inspiration out there in blog land.  Have a great week!

21 comments:

  1. that sure is a good bike ride! I wish I could still do that but I'm afraid my knees and hips are for bike riding anymore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you certainly do have quite a pile of waiting quilts! I'm sure you will get right into it once April comes home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have those done in no time. They are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your machine has been humming! Looking forward to how you quilt them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy! Love the name for your chevron quilt... Little Boy Blue. All of your baby quilts are adorable. And your Lorisquarepants quilt is gorgeous. If you are at all concerned about the size, add the extra blocks. I am usually happier in the end when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say, you got some serious piecing done! You must sew at the speed of light. I can only imagine that it is separation anxiety with April away.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all great! I cannot wait to see your amazing quilting on these tops :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the chevron quilt! I might steal your color scheme. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are getting so much piecing done. I particularly like the chevron quilt and your choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - all wonderful tops - I especially like Lorisquarepants. You've given me a name for my new machine - think I'll name her May as I bought her on the last day of May.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you are ahead of the Game for QFK quilts. The Chevron's are always good for little guys! It's good to take the time to Piece while your April is having a spa day or two.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely quilt tops! Can't wait to see the quilting

    ReplyDelete
  13. They all look great. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's awesome that you got so much piecing done and haven't wasted any of your time! Soon she'll be back home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love lorisquarepants! Is it a pattern or just block directions? I'd love to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your quilts, especially the one with the solid fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been eyeing that Charm Pack Cherry pattern... love your version in the solids! And the chervron quilt is looking great too. Would you mind sharing a little more about 100 Quilts for Kids?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I am visiting from Let's Bee Social. Wow! your quilting is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the charm pack cherry quilt. visiting from lets bee social
    leeanna at lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like all of the quilt but your charm pack cherry quilt is striking - turned out great.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, comments and questions welcome!