April and I are bonding!! I finished on practice piece yesterday. It took me four days to finish that and each day I saw progress (which was good cuz the first day was really bad!!). Once that was finished I loaded a practice piece that I had started when I was working on the french braid quilt. I started a practice table runner for the feathers. I never finished it. Well I didn't finish it until today! And I think it's very difficult to tell which part I did on my DSM vs April. Which I am pleased as punch about!!
I did free form feathers, marking the veins. There was a border around the entire thing just like the diagonal strips that you see. But I got a little carried away trimming it and well, there is no outer border any longer. Hey it was a practice piece after all :)
Now there are certainly mistakes throughout the entire piece and those will improve with time. Now I think I'm going to put fair and square on there and see how I do with that one.